NOW AVAILABLE: ENVY 15-32XX Intel Ivy Bridge (AMD 7750M)

Discussion in 'HP' started by yknyong1, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genoskia

Genoskia Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah its doable but its out of consideration for just about everyone... to do it you would have to be a skilled electrical engineer and programmer and then it would be so much work still.... youd be better off spending that time working, earning money for a new computer instead.

2. wild05kid05

wild05kid05 Cook Free or Die

Reputations:
    ^ then you need to unlock the bios then recode the sub vbios attached in there. One chance or you buy a new mobo

Sent from my wholly molly new iPad using Tapatalk

3. Eclipse251

Eclipse251 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What I don't understand with Hp, is why they don't just release a true gaming laptop? Pretty much every other major Pc manufacturer has at least one dedicated gaming laptop.Even Samsung who never expressed interest in laptop gaming before, has released a high end gaming laptop now.

4. Slaughterhouse

Slaughterhouse Knock 'em out!

Reputations:
    Ok do we have any concrete info on this laptop or is this thread reduced to what you would like to see HP do in the near future?

5. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    concrete we dont have anything, the rumor says that it should come with a 7750m

we are discussing the new releases from amd that can fit in the tdp design of the nevy 15 for obvious reasons

6. SInC

SInC Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    HP did have a gaming line in the past called Voodoo, similar to Dell's Alienware. I'm not certain if HP ever released an actual gaming laptop, though.

We have this, which should mean that we get the HD 7750M. I think the current Envy 15 was also slated to have the HD 7750M, but it was delayed so that HP went with the HD 7690M.

7. Genoskia

Genoskia Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    While we dont have any concrete details, we do know that HP will be releasing a update to the envy line soon that will give it ivybridge, along with that HP would be plain dumb to not update the gpu as well.
    From that we can speculate that it will get atleast a 7750m or nvidia equivalent.

Although lets hope for something a little better otherwise im off to dell for their new xps which looks amazing, the internals arent just there. But i would be ok with a i7-3612qm and a 640m which should have insane overlocking abilities seeing as its the same as the 660m only heavily downclocked and binned. (Hoping for a gddr5 variant and good cooling cmon dell!)

8. Slaughterhouse

Slaughterhouse Knock 'em out!

Reputations:
    I was hoping for a release date. Don't really care about all this speculation over the GPU, just want Ivy Bridge already.

9. moviemarketing

moviemarketing Milk Drinker

Reputations:
    The Envy line is a rebrand of the Voodoo line. In fact the first envy laptop was called the Voodoo Envy 133. And yes Voodoo/Envy was at the forefront of gaming laptops and desktops back in the day.

VoodooPC was a third party company founded by Rahul Sood that designed niche desktops and laptops for gaming. In 2006, HP acquired VoodooPC and hired Rahul as CTO of its Voodoo Global Business unit.

In 2010 he resigned from HP and went to work for Microsoft.

10. mraufait

mraufait Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well this is a little off thread but has great implications and I love to read everyones speculation.

Here are a few links to a non US HP site that is for the DV6 IB & DV7 IB and an Envy 17 non IB but with a Radeon 6850M

DV6-7015ca or DV7-7025dx

US Product # DV6 is B2P40UA & DV7 is B2P29UA

IB Processor - 2.30 GHz 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor with
    Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.30 GHz In Both Machines

Obviously Intel HD graphics 4000
    ------ In the DV6 you have the NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M graphics THere is a 650M Option
    ------ In the DV7 no upgrade or optional NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video memory

DV6 Less than Optimal 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768)
    DV7 Less than optimal 17.3-inch diagonal HD+ BrightView LED-backlit display (1600 x 900)
    DV7 17.3-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit display (1920 x 1080)

DV6 Normal Keyboard
    Dv7 Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with numeric keypad -- Yep thats right -- A backlit keyboard on the DV series -- Well it's about time and this will cut into the Envy Series as this was an option that made many people upgrade to the Envy series!

DV6 & Dv7
    3 SuperSpeed USB 3.0
    10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

DV6 5.66 lbs
    DV7 6.94 lbs

And the normal DV Series specs

So here is the link and if the DV6 & DV7 has the IB then the Envy 15's & 17's can't be far behind... Or can they be?

Here's the leaked site, enjoy and speculate away :

DV6
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03279228&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen

DV7
    HP Pavilion dv7-7025dx Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications - HP technical support (Andorra - English)

Upgraded DV7
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03255617&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen

Envy 17 with Radeon HD 6850M Graphics 1024MB GDDR5 and up to 4837MB
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02996664&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen

Looks to me the DV series will get the IB before the Envys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.