NOW AVAILABLE: ENVY 15-32XX Intel Ivy Bridge (AMD 7750M)

Discussion in 'HP' started by yknyong1, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaKii94

PaKii94 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  2. jmontoya21

jmontoya21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there a way to keep the Adobe Photoshop Elements & Adobe Premiere Elements bundled with the new HP Envy Laptops if i follow the The HP Laptop Out-Of-The-Box Guide 2.0 for Windows 7? I know there's a way to get the activation numbers with some programs but im not sure
    Sorry if this has been answered before.

3. jmontoya21

Reputations:

I ordered the same configuration as far as ram goes ( got the same brands of memory as you samsumg and hynix) and i see 1600mhz on the hp support assistant also, installed CPU-Z and i see 800MHz for each slot is this where the 1600MHz comes from ? is this correct or should i call HP?
    Sorry for the noob question i'd like to know before i proceed with the clean install.

:) Thanks Larsinii for the pics:)

4. mraufait

mraufait Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, that's the way it works.

5. mraufait

mraufait Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm not sure what you are asking, but if it is -- can you somehow retrieve the key codes from the Adobe software, then the above will do that.

6. jmontoya21

Reputations:
    Thanks for the replies mraufait
    I'm just trying to re install the adobe software mentioned above, i was able to retrieve the codes with the program suggested above also i guess my question was if that's all i needed to re install those after a clean install of windows,and I'm wondering if the programs are located in the SWSetup folder or maybe i'll just have to download them from Adobe and just input the activation codes.

7. timjuliani

timjuliani Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So opened up my 3rd Envy last night, the first two having been Sandy Bridge versions back in January that I sent back because of the orange screen. At least on my machine, Orangegate lives on--reds definitely are more orange compared to both my Dell 1640 w/RGBLED (a fantastic TN screen) and a calibrated Dell U2410 monitor (an IPS screen). If you didn't like the reds on the last machine, you likely won't like them here either.

Maybe I'll order one of the new Dells to do a side by side compare.

8. Mistercheif

Mistercheif Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can you post what the hardware ID is on the Envy's screen? The new ones, where the red is far less orange (It is still slightly orange, but only if you are looking for it and compare it side-by-side with a color accurate screen), have a hardware ID of LGD037E.

And I'm pretty sure the new XPS's do not have the fantastic RGBLED's that last gen XPS's did - they have what might be the same screen as the XPSz's had.

9. ElEnvy

ElEnvy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    is it worth the $50 upgrade to 8gb ram? Im not going to be doing intensive stuff such as video editing, just gaming like d3

10. adamdoom89

adamdoom89 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would say yes because of these two reasons.
    1, It future-proofs your Laptop for the next couple of years. You never know when you may need it.
    2. It's only $50 plus it's the 8gb 1600 version. plus with any coupon it becomes cheaper...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.