NOW AVAILABLE: ENVY 15-32XX Intel Ivy Bridge (AMD 7750M)

Discussion in 'HP' started by yknyong1, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamthefox

iamthefox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I know we're all super excited about getting our new envy's (hell I know I am!) and most of us floating around this board are waiting for some sort of benchmark or review....but at the end of the day half of us have already paid for it, and it shouldn't be too long until they're in our hands

So be patient everyone, and that way it wont spoil that first amazing moment when you boot it up and go "Wow it's so fast, and the screen looks amazing, and that back lit keyboard looks fantastic and wow the sound is great"*

*Hoping that's actually what I say

2. PaKii94

PaKii94 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    heck yeah i am especially since HP is with me right now :mad:

I dont care for the red problem eitehr but if its fixed/improved thats great! but for 3dmark11 its really easy, Download 3DMark 11 | 3DMark 11 – The Gamer's Benchmark for DirectX 11 download from there and run the performance presets. thanks alot!

'

the 7750m should be good enough to max out both games. and battery life should ahve improved from the previous one... but I would like to know both also :p. if u have any games evilmonk mind telling us the fps/performance of each? thanks alot man

lol that depends on what ur coming from... as u can see in my sig, anything would be an improvement from what i have right now :p.

-----------------------

brb 30 mins gotta go do something for mom :|

3. evilmonk

evilmonk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    pakki : yea i'll run it tonight

david: only game i play now is D3 and i have everything maxed out and it runs smoothly even during intense fights...as for fps i don't know how to check exactly but i can check if you tell me how

as for heat it stays pretty cool after a bit of gaming and even though i have a cooling pad i don't see the need to use it anymore.

battery life i haven't tested cause it's been plugged in ever since i bought it :p

yea hopefully you guys get yours soon and enjoy it as much as i am :D

4. DavidElias

DavidElias Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Evilmonk: did you notice your laptop getting too hot while playing? Could you use speedfan or hwimonitor to check your cpu and gpu temps when playing and also when just running idle? Sorry if i'm asking much, but my dv6-6xxx is rather hot w/ like 54 C at idle, so i'm hoping envy is better with the heat.

5. iamthefox

iamthefox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

You can download a program called FRAPS to check the frame rates in games, to be honest I think that's what most people are going to care about on here.

Should just show some yellow numbers in the top corner of your screen, very happy to hear Diablo 3 is playing well

6. Ice H4wk

Ice H4wk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ya evil i know you briefly mentioned this, but can u elaborate more on the heat when playing games? I just returned my dv6-7000 because it was hotter then i like and after one review of the y580 it seems like it also has one hot spot. (although its a little hard to believe because they reported 58C in the middle of the key board, that's crazy hot and a lot higher then any part of the dv6) Things like where is the hottest, is the palm-rest and key board pretty cool? and the internal temps, that would be great. And just checking you played d3 without a cooler right? Also your opinions of the fan noise are welcome. =)

7. PaKii94

Reputations:
    haha i like how u stay quiet untill today haha :p but thanks again for all the stuff ur doing/going to do. btw when is "tonight" for u? Its about to be 11 in the night here for me.. so yaeah.... its night for me :D

------
    just checked what "HK" was and thats hongkong. its noon so gonna be a couple hours b4 night there :eek:.... now should i wait up that 6 hrs waiting for ur reply :S

8. MacMatthias

MacMatthias Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Evilmonk said he/she was from HK so I assume he/she means Hong Kong in which case its 12:00pm on Sunday June 13th right now.

9. evilmonk

evilmonk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    icehawk & david: i can only say that after playing some intense D3 for 3 hrs or so the laptop is still relatively cool, even without the cooling pad. In comparison, my old laptop and my bro's old macbook pro gets pretty hot on the hands after the same period of time.

The fans are very quiet and i could barely hear it (as compared to my old dell inspiron which just literally roars outs)

pakki: better late then never right :) well haven't bought a laptop for a couple of years so been silently check out laptops until i got the envy. Since everybody seems to be waiting for theirs feel like i should share some love.

It's 12pm here and i gotta work, so it'll be a while till i get back. Get some sleep :)

10. PaKii94

Reputations:
    the d3 thing is good to hear, there was some complaint b4 about the envy noise levels so that is prolly better now (even tho d3 isnt that demanding of a game :p) im sure noise level is going to be much better than this crappy toshiba which goes up to like 80-100% while playing hd netflix videos -_-

I do (as well as others im sure) thank you for taking ur time and sharing ur experience. as for sleep.. i usually sleep around 3 am anyway (so 4 pm ur time) and ill prolly wake up at like 8 am (so 9 pm ur time) so i shouldnt miss much :p. have fun at work as we anxiously wait :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.