NOW AVAILABLE: ENVY 15-32XX Intel Ivy Bridge (AMD 7750M)

Discussion in 'HP' started by yknyong1, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navedoo

navedoo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I still have to ship my old one out (which i will be doing tomorrow) so im not really sure yet the rep told me estimated ship date was june 2nd but it "depended on how fast i sent it in" so hopefully way sooner!

2. evilmonk

evilmonk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    bought the new envy 15 last sat and having used the new envy 15 for a few days already, i gotta say i love it. read the hassle about the reds being orange on the screen but i personally don't see much difference or mind so much. sleek looks, sturdy build quality, gorgeous screen, blistering speeds, sweet sounding speakers...the new envy ticks all the boxes for what i want.

thumbs up and you'll love it whether your waiting for yours to ship or considering buying it

3. PaKii94

PaKii94 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    wait u got the one with ivy+gcn?? benchmarks now! (please :eek:)

4. evilmonk

Reputations:
    yep ivy bridge i7-3610qm
    8gb ram HD screen 7750

i'm from HK btw and it was released last weekend

5. navedoo

Reputations:
    How much of a difference is the 1366 vs 1920?

6. Pobthiti

Pobthiti Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Damn got yours already? Niceee, one of the first? :eek:

Haha Pakii you're really excited for it arnt yah?

@nave the 1366 is really not worth getting, if you're getting the envy, spend the extra 150$ and get the 1080p... quite a bit different.
    Hard to make a reference bu itd be like buying a nice brand new car but it doesn't come with stereo or something if you don't go he >.<

7. PaKii94

PaKii94 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    if u could please please please run some benchmarks with the 7750m i would be eternally grateful. (just a teeny tiny 3dmark11 please :eek:) and if u have seen the previous envy 15 with the color problemed screen, would u say its the same one?

8. navedoo

Reputations:
    @nave the 1366 is really not worth getting, if you're getting the envy, spend the extra 150$ and get the 1080p... quite a bit different.
    Hard to make a reference bu itd be like buying a nice brand new car but it doesn't come with stereo or something if you don't go he >.<[/QUOTE]

Ok ill call and upgrade its only +90 for me

9. evilmonk

Reputations:
    i ain't no comp wiz but i'll be glad to do it when i get home tonight...but you gotta teach me how.

yea i had previously wanted to get the previous-gen envy before holding out for the ivy one...this is just from memory but i do think the older screens the reds were off and orangie. For this one i compared it with my old dell and for all i can tell the reds are just a bit lighter...nevertheless this doesn't bother me but might ward off more demanding users

10. DavidElias

DavidElias Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Evilmonk: could you pretty please do a battery test on the laptop. Basically I'm looking for how long the battery would last while just surfing the web on integrated graphics card and like ok brightness or something.

Also, how does the new Envy handle heat when gaming? I'll probably only rlly play Assassin's Creed and Guild Wars 2 when it comes out, so these shouldn't be too demanding for the 7750 on 1080p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.