Notebooks From Best Buy

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by sealcaptain0, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sealcaptain0

sealcaptain0 Notebook Geek

Reputations:

Hello everybody. This is my first ever post in any website so alert me if I made any mistakes. Anybody can answer my question, or talk about notebooks from Best Buy, because it's the closest computer retail store to my house.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  2. Thomas

Thomas McLovin

Reputations:
    They take it out of the box before you buy it & install a lot of bloatware on it.

3. pleasecorrupt

pleasecorrupt Newbie

Reputations:
    You might try to go to Best Buy during Black Friday. Heres their ad from bfads.net

Gateway 14.1" Laptop - AMD Turion 64 X2, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD, DVDRW
    adscan link
    $629.99

HP Laptop 160gb HD+ 1gb ram + DVD-RW + Targus Bag + Wireless Mouse + Epson All-In-One Printer
    adscan link
    $549.99

Sony Laptop - 1GB, DVDRW, 120GB
    adscan link
    $399.99

Sony Laptop - 1GB, DVDRW, 160GB, Bonus Items and Software
    adscan link
    $499.99

Toshiba 17" Centrino Duo Laptop - 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, DVDRW, HDDVD
    adscan link
    $799.99

http://bfads.net/Best-Buy/Name/Page3

4. sealcaptain0

Reputations:
    Here's my situation. I want to buy a laptop from Best Buy, because
    1. It's the closest electronics retail store to my house.
    2. Since it's the closest one, I'm considering working there because after doing some research, I could buy a laptop for the ORIGINAL price (not the advertised price +5% of the original price.
    3. Okay, I've done lots of research, and found out that many people don't like working there since they had to "shove warranties" down customers' throats.
    4. Personally, I just want to help the customer, but if I'm going to get a discount off of a laptop and other accessories, then its painfully worth it. (Man, I'll feel really guilty.)

5. sealcaptain0

Reputations:
    HOLY JEEZ!!! DID YOU GUYS ANSWER THAT FAST??? MAN I'M AMAZED BY THE INTERNET!!! (This is my first time.)

6. X-29

X-29 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I work at Best Buy and I know what you mean by having to shove warranties at customers. We don't get commision or anything, but if we don't sell so many warranties a day it looks bad to the higher ups. Now, I am almost certain that us employees don't get any discount at all on computers. Actually Best Buy usually sells computers at a loss and makes money off of the accessories. So don't try to get a job just for that discount, but you would be able to get speakers, a mouse, or other little things at some really nice prices as an employee.

7. sealcaptain0

Reputations:
    So, to restate what you said X- 29...
    I have done numerous research, and found out that as an employee, you can buy a laptop for the original price+5% of the original price.
    However, the wording of your post makes me believe that you are an employee of BB (I'm going to use BB for Best Buy for now on). Therefore, your idea may be valid.
    Don't be offended, but I'm going to need more posts from people saying that they work at Best Buy.
    Try to look at it from my point of view.
    Well, the discount on the accessories sounds nice. I've read that a $40 surge protector costed about $8 for an employee.
    I've seen a really funny video about the concept of selling many appliances in addition to the main product. Here's the link.

http://consumerist.com/consumer/vid...o-on-how-the-store-screws-you-over-219568.php

Well, I think it's funny. It also educated me.

8. sealcaptain0

Reputations:
    You see, I want to narrow my search down a bit. I don't want to waste good people's time by making them type any laptop down. So here we go on the next post...

9. ShinAkuma135

ShinAkuma135 The King of Beasts

Reputations:
    if there is a Microcenter in your area you can try there on black friday, they are going to have 15 laptops for sale for $299 without any rebates or anything.

10. sealcaptain0

Reputations:
    Me Personally

1. I know that the MacBook Pro 17" is the ideal desktop replacement.
    2. I am a high schooler. I am also a male to lower the amount of screwed up pervs in this forum. My dad wants me to buy a laptop before I go to college. However, he wants me to pay it with my own money. That's pretty stupid, since the only way I could get enough money would be by summer internships for research.

Imagine an old asian guy saying in strained English
    "I want wfuu to buy a lap top when you go to col lege."

I don't want to spend scholarship money for a laptop. Unless it's my only choice.
    3. It's nice that people would post the price for laptops from different retailers, but the only electronics retail stores that is close to my house are Best Buy or Circuit City .
    4. I am looking forward to getting a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering.
    5. I know that technology is continually improving, but I want to learn about computer specs and what they are/mean.
    6. I don't want any opinionated laptops without an explaination of why with the specs.
    7. I want a laptop that will do work. (Fast processor, fast cd drive, large battery, etc.)
    8. I don't want one that will be better for gaming. Right now, I'm studying. I don't have any time to screw around (unless it's summer break). The same for college.
    9. I prefer the Intel processors, since the MacBook Pro has it, and I have seen the specs.
    10. I am considering a budget of $900 - $1200 for the laptop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.