notebook for editing

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by haramia, May 17, 2020.

1. haramia

haramia Newbie

Reputations:
    Dear all!

I am searching for a notebook to edit mostly. I had a mac and I was using Final Cut x but I would like to switch to premiere or da vinci resolve and also leave apple behind...

My budget is bit more or less 1000€, i would go for 15"+, i am situated in Germany, i could go for refurbished,
    the main task for it should be editing, i would not take it with me that much (I am open for desktop too actually), i don't mind about the design, the screen is important of course, i would go for high to ultra resolution and for glossy.
    I would like to buy it pretty soon and to use it for 5 years if possible, i can be without the notebook for 1-2 weeks if it needs to be repaired.

A friend of mine suggested lenovo y540 and another acer nitro 5,would those be good choices and which would be better?

I thank you for your answers, it helps me a lot as i am kind of lost with this topic(-:

2. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Acer is nice, also check out the dell 15" models. I am using a inspiron 13 5000 2 in 1 for most everything. I edit videos, photos, write, create graphics etc with it. It's not the fastest but does the job well.