Notebook for AutoCAD, Revit and Rendering

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Sopranoto, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Sopranoto

Sopranoto Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello to all,
    my old 2011 laptop is dead, it had i7 (2nd gen), 8gb ram (initially 4gb) geforce gt540m (1gb), and 500gb ssd (purchased 1 year ago)

I would like a notebook to use CAD and BIM (Revit) software for 3d modeling and rendering and graphics software. It will not be the main PC I will work with, but having to buy a personal notebook for the internet and media, I also want it useful for working if needed.
    As dimensions I would like a 15 "with keypad, some usb3 socket, hdmi output to connect monitor / tv. Having replaced two fans in my 2 previous notebooks, the dissipation part is very important.
    I would like to get a CLEVO or similar, for future upgrades and because they seem to have better dissipation.

I saw the CLEVO NH55ADY but aesthetically I don't like it and I still don't know for my use whether to prefer a desktop CPU like the Ryzen 3600 or whether to look for a model with a mobile 4600h CPU

Advice?

2. Sopranoto

Sopranoto Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I still have doubts about what to buy ... advice?

3. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Where (what country) are you buying this notebook, and what is your budget? You might want to fill out our FAQ so we can accurately recommend something.

Off hand, I would probably point you towards a gaming notebook. The MSI Bravo 15 comes to mind for offering a Ryzen 7 4800H processor and reasonably power graphics (Radeon RX 5500M).

Charles

Sopranoto likes this.
  4. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If TS is using it at home mostly, the Clevo NH5#A@ with those desktop CPU are highly suggested. Once the new BIOS is released for the 5k series CPU, a swap for the new CPU will give the current performance a boost. Certainly, be it 3k or 5k series Ryzen CPUs, the default 62whr battery will not last u a full journey when u're out from home...

Sopranoto likes this.
  5. Sopranoto

Sopranoto Newbie

Reputations:
    Budget 1000 (max 1300€)
    15"
    Layout Keyboard Italy
    No refurbished / redistributed
    Display non-glossy

As a brand, I looked at Clevo for their customization

I really like the hardware of the clevo NH55ADY, I know the battery won't last long, but the PC weighs a lot and is not very portable. The problem is that it looks really bad

6. Sopranoto

Sopranoto Newbie

Reputations:
    alternatives?