Notebook Coolers : A Buyers Guide

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by X2P, May 23, 2008.

1. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    Make a new thread when you get around :D

2. -BaTaB-

-BaTaB- Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Dang. Had some work/life issues to solve. I guess I'll make up the mod next week but I already have everything I need I think :D

One thing I already noticed though is that the new notepal U3 is not as stiff as the old one. Or, well: the new one is not super stiff and those who could try both the new version and the old version (new is U3+, old is U3), said the old one was stiffer. I only have the new version unfortunately.

If you like to type with laptop keyboard and you do it fast there will be some small vibrations. I want to see if using 120mm fans will also help by stiffening the whole structure. Otherwise i guess i'll might need to find two small aluminum profiles to fix this "issue".

3. leftsenseless

leftsenseless Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm trying to mod a U3. What would I need to control fan speed and plug into an outlet. I haven't received the U3 yet. I'm trying to figure out what i need to buy to make everything work.

Papusan likes this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Take a look here

leftsenseless likes this.
  5. kmeck518

kmeck518 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    1) Budget
    <$50

2) Is noise an issue for you? Are you annoyed but noticeable noise?
    would prefer quiet

3) Post a picture of the under side of your notebook along with basic measurements like shown earlier in this guide. (just link to a previous post if your notebook has been posted before)
    http://www.hidevolution.com/media/c...ab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/6/p670hp-g-9.png

edit: dimensions are 16.42” (w) x 11.30” (d) x 1.18” (h)

4) Do you have a color preference?
    none

5) Any brands you would like to avoid?
    none

I'm looking for a laptop cooler that i can actually use in my lap. I've got a Clevo P670HP6-G. I was thinking about this Cooler Master x3, but i'm skeptical about how it would work on a laptop. Just typing in laptop cooler for lap into amazon i found this one from tecknet which looks like it could work well being that the intake for the air is from the sides.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017