Notebook Coolers : A Buyers Guide

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by X2P, May 23, 2008.

1. metacarpus

metacarpus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Soo... it's been a while since I checked, but are there any good coolers with USB3 ports yet? Google only shows me one mac-book like cooler and I don't really like the design. But generally coolers seem to use up a USB port and I would hate to lose a USB3 port only to gain USB2.0 ports in its place.

Edit: found another one with USB3 ports: the Storm by CM. But only the 19" model has them, and that's entirely too big for a 15" laptop.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. jedisurfer1

jedisurfer1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    what's a good, small one for a netbook size. I've got an e7240 12.5" laptop and I like to read in bed before I go to sleep.

3. kosti

kosti Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Look at the Coolermaster Notepal U2. I am using one on my Alienware M11X and it sits on my bed as well. The M11X has an 11.6" screen and it sites nicely on the U2 with about 1.5 inches of space left on each end. The viewing angle is also perfect for me. I also have a Notepal U3 for my main laptop.

4. angelrao

angelrao Newbie

Reputations:
    great work sir!!!

5. Egbert12

Egbert12 Newbie

Reputations:
    I strongly believe mine Rosewill's RNA-7000W performs really well. It has two 70mm quiet fans in the middle blowing air upward and meanwhile its heavy aluminum absorbs the heat from the other parts of my ASUS G2S-A1 bottom.

.......................................................................................................
    Galaxy S7 cover
    www.casesam.co.uk

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  6. kosti

kosti Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Do they still sell this model? I have one of those too. It's a nice cooler. Really sturdy and high quality. I actually ended up modding it with 12V fans which push out a ton of air, but are really loud. The placement of the fans might not suit most laptops, but on my M15X with the bottom tray removed it makes quite an impact.

7. CSHawkeye81

CSHawkeye81 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Helping a buddy out on shopping for one for his Alienware 17 R2, which one right now is best for this with a usb 3.0 hub?

8. batboygotoj

batboygotoj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    A lot of information on notebook cooler. Great job!

9. Greel

Greel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Are there any that can double as a "desk" so i can fit my mouse on there too?

looking for my Alienware 13 r3, so assuming any cooler that fits a 15" should work

10. -BaTaB-

-BaTaB- Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've already bought a notepal u3+ (couldn't find the old u3 even though I would have preffered it).

I'm now willing to mod it with 2x 140 slim fans. Since almost every single slim 140mm fan is PWM i was looking for a single channel PWM controller but i can't really find anything external (boxed). I can only find controllers that fit either 3.5" bay or 5.25" bay and these are not really suited for this purpose. Also i'm in europe and it looks like there is even a smaller choice. Any suggestions?

Ok, i got some 120mm slim fans with 3-pin connection and zalman fan mate 2 plus phobya power supply with 4 pin output. So i guess i will be good to go. :D