Not versed in the car audio department, but am looking for a new setup

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Levenly, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nizzy1115

nizzy1115 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    tweeters can get expensive for what they are. If your gonna put them in make sure to get a decent head unit that can accommodate them properly. Try and find one that lets you manage the cut off frequencies sent to each speaker independently. they will really make the difference in having good quality music though!

2. narsnail

narsnail Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I would def recommend any Infinity Subs, I have one twelve with about 300 watts running to it and it POUNDS, not really expensive either. Dont cheap out on amps though, if anything quality amps outweigh the cons of having cheaper speakers. more power is better then not enough

3. Levenly

Levenly Grappling Deity

Reputations:
    thanks for the recommendation!

4. The Fire Snake

The Fire Snake Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    What should you get... hmmm

1.) A nice head unit. I like Alpine stuff myself. I have had a ton of their headunits. Their newer stuff is a little different than their older stuff but I still liked them over Pioneer, Eclipse, etc.

2.) A component speaker set up front with a midbass driver, tweater, and crossover. If you don't have a place for the tweeter and don't want to cut holes and such, go for a good coaxial set.

3.) A single 12" sub

4.) 2 amps. One for the component set and another for the sub

I think this will give you a killer system.

Different people like different brands but stay away from cheap crap like Jensen, RoadGear, Pyle, etc. I would suggest you go to a local car audio store(i.e not Best buy) and look at some stuff and talk to some of the installer and ask them for suggestions. Believe me I have spent a lot of time with this, but I wouldn't call myself a super duper expert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.