Noctua NH-U12A 90° kit ?

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by judal57, Jun 24, 2019.

1. judal57

judal57 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox i have a question
    i am building a gaming desktop
    i bought the noctua NH-U12A but it dont have a mounting to put it at 90°. i have to put it like that to aling the air flow from bootom to top (the CM case i bought work like that) my main question is, do you know if this kit : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTEFT52/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1Z5H6ZGWCMTNX&psc=1
    work for that cooler ? i cant find info about that, i guess it will work but i dont know, and i want everything ready when the cpu and motherboard arrive.

my setup is this:
    case: cooler master SL600M
    fans: 6 corsair ML120 pro (3 on the bootom 3 on the top)
    cpu: ryzen 3900x when available
    cpu cooler: NOCTUA NH-U12A ( i will use TG conductonaut)
    motherboard: gygabyte X570 aorus master when available
    ram: patrio viper steel series 4133mhz cl19 1,35v ( can go up to 4400mhz)
    ssd: patriot viper VPN100 nvme ( can go up to 3400mb/s write) it comes with heatsink
    RGB: phanteks RGB combo
    monitor: AW25hf 240hz
    power supply: NZXT E650
    keyboard: razer blackwidow ultimate ( orange switches)
    mouse: corsair darkcore se RGB
    headphones: Razer kraken pro 7.1 v2

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Hello Brother @judal57 - happy Monday. I am sorry, I am not sure what the kit in the link works for. I haven't owned but one inexpensive desktop CPU air cooler (Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO) as a temporary workaround while waiting for an RMA for a liquid cooling setup. I use only water cooling, so I do not have any knowledge about the parts you are asking about.

3. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, the two sets of mounting bars are included to flip the orientation of the cooler. Use the short mounting bars to achieve your desired airflow.

Skip to 0:56 to see how the mounting bars change the orientation of the cooler.

Mr. Fox and judal57 like this.
  4. judal57

judal57 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    thanks man, i send a mail to noctua and making you an abstract, they are gonna send me the small bracket to mount it at 90°

"
    Greetings from Noctua,

Thanks for sending over the requested data.

The parts will go out either today or tomorrow then. Shipping usually takes around 3-8 business days within most parts of Europe and 10-16 business days overseas.
    You'll receive a confirmation e-mail containing a tracking number (when available) once it's shipped.

Kind regards,
    Emanuel Fankhauser
    Your Noctua Support-Team"

i liked a lot the support from noctua, but i am not happy with 10 to 16 business days ****

Mr. Fox likes this.