No Man's Sky...

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    HTWingNut likes this.
  2. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Delete the hashtag and numbers after your link for it to work.

Ethrem likes this.
  3. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Fixed. Thanks :)

HTWingNut likes this.
  4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I mean, the game isn't all that bad. Just if you're going to put a AAA $60 price tag on it, deliver on your promises. It would be a fun $20 indie game. But aside from that, it's a steep price for what you get. And the performance issues. But let's be serious, no major titles have launched without it's share of big issues.

5. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    that's the issue, iv'e actually uninstalled the game, i think they game would have been fine, if not for the price tag, $20 and i would have been fine, no worries, its not very good, but its $20 i can get that much value out of the game, but at $60 the game falls short, not just a little short its like they tripped up before taking off, and that's a shame, like i said earlier this is the only game iv'e regretted buying in the last 5 years.

6. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    See that's the problem. Indie games are generally expected to give you 8 or 9 hours of play between 10 and 20 bucks but this was billed as something more than that. It was pushed like a AAA title, it was hyped like a AAA title, and it ended up being a typical Indie title.

mtness likes this.
  7. Ifrin

Ifrin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  8. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    that's it exactly, indie games at $20 getting your 5-20hrs game time your happy, usually a fun experience , but this $60 game that has as much depth as a wading pool and replay value as used toilet paper is disappointing indeed.

Ethrem likes this.
  9. Yaka

Yaka Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Fact is it was always a indie game. And hello games being and indie games dev never had a proper pr team or guy.
    All try to promise everything peter molyneux is just one example. For most AAA devs the pr guy is always there to protect the dev. Morris never had this, such was the fan base/hype pre game ment a few jornos/blogger etc suspected morris was digging a massive hole for him self by not relizing what he was doing. Some tv shows/youtube chans he went on to demo the game you could tell he wasnt prepared and did not want to com across negative so just said yes to almost every question.

I am preety damn sure there are a few people who published pre release hype articles chickened out from actually doing thier jobs when after have seen or played a bit of the pre relase game every article was OMG this is amazing etc they knew they would get burned by the fans who were swallowing up the hype. Post release a few of these guys admited in one way or another doing this.

10. PrimeTimeAction

PrimeTimeAction Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have no clue what were the devs thinking. I feel the setting is there for a nice single player game, they just needed to add a semi-interesting story-line and some purpose/rewards for your action. Game elements and gameplay is not so bad. I kinda like it but overall it feels like an empty template.
    I think that they have done 80% of the work. If they have just added that 20% extra, it would have been quiet a good game.

HTWingNut likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.