no difference after undervolting ? 10875H

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by jojonono, Nov 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jojonono

jojonono Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    to sum this up, TS Bench can mean either the cache or core voltage is not set properly right ?

what is the best TS bench setting to completely eliminate any instability ? 1 Thread @ 6144 MB ??...

thanks,

2. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    There is not best anything. Use a variety of tests. The 1 and 2 Thread TS Bench tests are both good tests to uncover stability.

I keep saying the same thing. When you run into a stability issue, stop and reduce your cache offset voltage first. The TS Bench is telling you that you have gone too far.

If you leave your cache with 5 mV or 10 mV of headroom, you will probably be able to undervolt your CPU core a lot more. This will ultimately get you the best temps and best performance. Follow this advice and you might clear 4400 in R20, just like other users are doing.

dmanti, Vasudev, Starlight5 and 2 others like this.
  3. jojonono

jojonono Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    thanks a lot for your help, i was finally to get the bench tests All stable after spending overnight testing, funny i never saw a single issue with Cine bench, but you said errors would mean stability issues, so i kept reducing my cache and came down stable to -.80 (maybe even .90 would work) i was finally stable ! as for core was left on .125v, i got emotionally depressed after using the TS Bench lol ! since i had to do several tests manually and 1-2 cores took really long time, so i think i will stick to my results and wont waste more time playing with core voltages as i didnt see tangible difference in cinebench results above .125 mV

thanks,

Vasudev and unclewebb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.