No charges filed against Tony Stewart..

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Tsunade_Hime, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
  2. Melody

Melody How's It Made Addict

Reputations:
    I'm not familiar with the story but based on the summary of it in that article, sounds like an [unfortunate] accident?

3. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Yeah his car got wrecked and he got angry and exited his car. 2 other drivers missed him, but initially it was stated that Tony ran over him intentionally, but that is not the case. Tony did try to avoid him, and he tried to jump out of the way. He should have stayed off the track..

4. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    I don't care what Stewart's intentions were.

Ward trounced out onto an active racetrack with incoming vehicles and expected not to get hit. He would've had better luck running across a busy freeway...

That's the sort of stupidity that gets you a Darwin Award (and that me talking)

5. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    He got out and started pointing at someone while walking to the middle of the racetrack, then got hit. Not sure what the hell he was thinking.

Was he trying to point out who made him crash? Call him out and what, start a fight in the middle of the racetrack with oncoming cars?

He should have stayed in his vehicle. Anger clouded his judgement and it got him killed.

6. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Absolutely he should have stayed in his car, but I think it's very likely that it was a concussion or other brain injury that clouded his judgment instead of solely anger. We'll probably never know because the damage to his body from being hit probably make it impossible to tell if he suffered a brain injury in the crash.

7. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    The initial crash wasn't that bad for that type of crash. I bet it was nothing other than anger that got him out of the car and onto the track.

It was also anger that got Tony to rev his car and spin his back end around like they sometimes do in these situations in NASCAR. But this is a muddy, dark, wet track, with short powerful vehicles. The rear end on those things can whip around you very very quickly.

I think it was an anger fueled situation that caused his death, I don't think Tony intentionally ran him over, but he certainly didn't put everything he had into avoiding him.

Should Tony be charged with manslaughter/murder? No. The other idiot had the choice to stay in his vehicle and remain safe.

8. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I totally agree with this.

I don't have a problem with the guy getting out of the car. He didn't have any way of knowing how badly the car was damaged, and perhaps there was some form of gut instinct taking over that he had to get out so as not to be injured if the car were to be on fire.

At the same time he should have waited until the track was clear, then ran over to the infield to air his grievances.

9. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Yeah, I guess I have to agree with that, but he got out of the car just so he could go after the other driver. He didn't get out for his own safety. Overall its a terrible situation for all parties but if he stayed in his roll cage with his safety equipment in place he could have taken a straight on hit and still been better off.

10. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    most of u guys don't have alot of racing knowledge so let me school u on something: when u're racing on dirt, your vehicle has totally different driving characteristics. u can't turn your steering wheel on dirt and expect precise cornering from the front tires. the way u turn those kinds of cars, on that type of track, is to blip the throttle so that the back end comes out -- similar to "drifting" or powersliding through a turn.

could Stewart have tried harder to avoid the guy? probably. did he hit him intentionally? highly doubtful. that last rev looked like he was trying to get out of that rut. it wasn't some man-grunt type of revving because he just owned someone.
    play stupid games -- win stupid prizes.

rule #1 in racing: stay your @$$ inside the car until official help is there. the only reasons u should get out are if u see/smell: fire, smoke, gas, and electrical shorts. by racing standards, that crash was pretty much a fender bender. the young hothead lost control of himself and it cost him his life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.