No Backlight on LED screen

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by nebage, Sep 27, 2011.

1. zeros000

zeros000 Newbie

Reputations:
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  2. vanotti

vanotti Newbie

Reputations:
  3. vanotti

vanotti Newbie

Reputations:
    I think is that. true?

4. ebra.ah

ebra.ah Newbie

Reputations:
    hi
    no back light on led screen SONY VGN-Z720D MBX-183
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  5. ebra.ah

ebra.ah Newbie

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Hi fuse ok 19v
    But again, I do not backligt
    back light not enable

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  6. GELongoria

GELongoria Newbie

Reputations:
    The screen on my Sony VAIO model PCG-6161L (VPCEE3WFX) goes dark after some time of use and then would sometimes come back on. I am pretty sure it is the lcd backlight failing because the rest of the laptop works fine while sitting on my desk plugged in to an external monitor. Further, I can shine a bright fashlight on the darkened laptop screen and see the contents.

I thought maybe the power inverter went bad but it is an LED model so not sure that it has one (at least I didn't see one in the center bottom location when I pulled the bezel off)? I also questioned whether the lcd power fuse burned up as reported throughout this thread. But then while the screen is out and plugged into my desk monitor, after an hour or so, poof, the laptop backlight comes back on, so maybe it's a loose wire? But if loose, why does it come back on even if the laptop is sitting unmolested.

Before I tear it down and start ordering random parts, does anyone think it might be driver related? Despite Sony not supporting it, I upgraded this laptop to Win 10 a few months ago, before this odd LCD problem started. But it seems like this latest LCD outage fixed itself after the latest Windows cumulative update.KB4015217 (release for Windows 10 version 1607)

Indeed I found in the notes for KB4015217 (bumps the version number of Windows 10 to build 14393.1066)
    that it "Addressed issue where displays turn off unexpectedly even when Turn off display and Screensaver are disabled in the power profile." I'm obviously grasping at straws with this but again, figured I'd ask before tearing down the computer looking for a loose wire or solder.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks for any advice.