No Backlight on LED screen

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by nebage, Sep 27, 2011.

1. soporte_tecnico

soporte_tecnico Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

I have been reading on this led no back light issue all day long, and seen that this is the only group that has some real knowledge on this topic that I had to join. I just purchased a Sony all-in-one model number: vpcl22dfx. its a core i3 2nd gen. processor, that has the same issue as many of others here. The screen does turn on but it is very dark. I put a flashlight to the screen and can see that it is telling me that there is no bootable device so the screen works.

I have tried all day long to find the proper fuse to no avail. I did find fuse,13,15,16,no 17, no 18 or 19 there. 20, 24 and several others. I have tested with a multi-meter and all seem to be working fine. I have not been able to find any N or H or A or any other hint of a fuse that could be causing this issue. I am fairly knowledgeable on computer repair, not to well versed on what all the numberings and letterings on the motherboard means, but working on it.

I am not able to attach pictures today of the board but will do so tomorrow. Was wondering if anyone here had any knowledge on any sony all in ones that may be able to give me some insight on this issue. Frankly any help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. Awesome76

Awesome76 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I found the dead F2 fuse labeled "N" on my DA0HK9MB6D0 Rev.D of a VAIO SVF152A29M
    near the batteryconnector, in the servicemanual it's called VGA_VCCSENSE

[​IMG]

and it's definetely blown,but does someone know how many mA would be an ideal replacement?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  3. soporte_tecnico

soporte_tecnico Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys back again. Sorry for the long delay in being able to post the pictures here are the motherboard pictures. This is a Sony mbx-245 touchscreen 24" all in one pc. I tested all the fuses i could find but any help would be mostly appreciated. Ive tried looking into the led driver also and it seems to receive 19v but also the output on some pins is also the same. is that supposed to be that way also the output voltage?

Sorry for the picture quality, its the only place i can upload to put on here for now, i am not sure how to just add the to the post directly.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1664237837176599&set=pcb.1664237923843257&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1664237810509935&set=pcb.1664237923843257&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1664237853843264&set=pcb.1664237923843257&type=3&theater

4. ngvuanh

ngvuanh Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You won't find F in this area because it is not lcd connector.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Your lcd needs to be replaced.
    Make sure check led fuse first before install new lcd.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

5. zumnao

zumnao Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi ngvuanh!
    Glad to see you're back.

VAIO VPCSA3L9E

Yes finally I did replace the wrong LCD spare for a new one that works. But I also got a new problem, no sound and no lan network.
    I've checked all drivers setup, everything is well installed and up to date but I got no sound at all, not inner speakers nor headphones. I don't care that much about LAN Ethernet as I have working Wi-Fi.
    I disassembled the whole thing twice but found everything well connected, I also changed win10 to original win7
    I'm afraid there could be another blown fuse or I could damaged the motherboard when bridging the fuse.
    Today I'll dissasemble it again and use a better magnifier to check the soldering area.

Any clue will be well received

I'm not sure this is fuse related if not sorry for the off-topic

6. Devilsam96

Devilsam96 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello ! I have the same problem, no backlight. I have a Sony vaio sve 15" series.. I make some photos of the mobo, someone can help me to identify the problem or the broken fuse? http://imgur.com/a/Z3jHr

7. Devilsam96

Devilsam96 Newbie

Reputations:
    Can be it?[​IMG]

8. iskafandra

iskafandra Newbie

Reputations:
    ngvaunh, your work is great!
    I have the same problem with a Sony VAIO VPCYB25AL - Model: PCG-31311U. I found some fuses, can someone help me? I attached photos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. joshaybee

joshaybee Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone had much luck finding the fuse for the Sony Vaio Duo 13 Pro - SVD132?

10. jacobtc

jacobtc Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So I purchased a defective Vaio Pro 13, which would not display anything on the screen, however the HDMI output works.
    I purchased a whole new screen assembly in the hopes that it would work, however still nothing. I took a flashlight and found that it was the backlight which was dead. I know how to solder, and have no problems with a multimeter, however I have never fixed a backlight fuse before, and I have no idea where the fuse is positioned. I took a picture of the display connector and the area around it, does anyone know where the fuse is? And could I just remove the fuse and solder between the pads to short it, to make it work?

Image: http://imgur.com/RX3ViTE