No Backlight on LED screen

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by nebage, Sep 27, 2011.

1. rhonda M

rhonda M Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a Sony Vail SVE1511BGXS. I'm not finding an F2 fuse. I've found F1 (on the back of the mb) with TN on the top of it and an F5 fuse also with TN on top of it (on the front of the mb). Am I just missing it or is one of these the offending fuse that has dimmed my backlight?

2. rjsf

rjsf Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi ngvuanh. I blew a fuse in my vaio sa and wanted to see the picture you posted but it's already expired. Can you please share the pic again? Thanks.

3. ngvuanh

ngvuanh Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Here it is
    uploadfromtaptalk1441399511958.jpg

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

4. NeoVo5

NeoVo5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

I've been given a Sony laptop, VPCEB4C5E (Model PCG-71211M) where the battery was left in whilst screen was replaced; suspected blown fuse.

I think I've located the blown fuse but was hoping you could help confirm?

Many thanks!

Attached Files:

5. NeoVo5

NeoVo5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Any help available at all? I've tried using a multimeter but all appears OK..?

6. Timborixos

Timborixos Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey first time posting here, i would like to thank ngvuanh and all the other guys from the start of the topic, you helped a lot. Thanks!

7. Nitewing

Nitewing Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a sony vaio sve14a27cxh and am having the same problem. Can you Identify my fuse for me? I put pics in the folder for laptop photos... cant figure out how to get them on here using my phone...

8. Nitewing

Nitewing Newbie

Reputations:
  9. WMCM76

WMCM76 Newbie

Reputations:
    I must say that this forum and this particular post have been a great find. Having already sent 1 replacement screen back and parcelling the 2nd up to go back tomorrow, I thought I'd try 1 last Google search :)
    I have a Sony Vaio VPCEA4S1E (PCG-61211M) with the same problem. New screen in, display like you're watching it through a pair of dark sunglasses.
    Fairly confident that this will be a fuse issue. If I post up mobo images, could someone please identify which component is at fault?
    Also as a complete novice, what do I need to do to fix it? Solder a wire across it or something else?

***UPDATE***
    OK I found a video on YouTube (even though it's up incorrectly as PCG-6121M). It identifies the fuse as F15.
    I've dismantled the laptop and solder blobbed the fuse. Trying to get a micro fuse is as rare as hens teeth. I had no alternative. Anyway the screen now works.
    However... having solder blobbed on the motherboard, is the laptop now a fire risk?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  10. Bigmaxy

Bigmaxy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi. I have a Sony Vaio Duo 11 SVD112A1SW that had a cracked screen, I have replaced the screen with one from another Vaio Duo 11 but the backlight is not working. Can anyone identify a fuse amongst these pictures?

Cheers.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]