NMI: Parity Check/ Memory Parity Error -- System crash

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Flash Gordon, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedavis69k

thedavis69k Newbie

Reputations:
    How many of you guys change the OS lately?... I have a Dell Precision M65 i had 3 year with it (Windows Vista32-bit, 1GB Ram, the rest is just standar and a new hard drive and batterie but i change like 1 year ago so no that new)

Yesterday i update my windows vista 32 Home Premium into a Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.... My life got miserable since there... and then i read about it Dell Random Forum Question it could be temperature or the OS.. so i got back to my windows vista 32-bit and everything is fine now....

I hope it help... :)

2. bardstale

bardstale Newbie

Reputations:
    I Had The Same Error On A Dell Optiplex 330 Desktop. After Reformatting The Hard Drive And Reinstalling Windows, The Error Restarted After I Installed The Drivers For The Onboard Ethernet Port. I Rebooted And Disabled The Onboard Ethernet Card In Bios And The Error Disappeared. I Simply Installed A $15 Ethernet Card. Woo Hoo!!!!!!! I Hope This Helps.

3. Kannenberg

Kannenberg Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,
    I just got that msg on a desktop Optiplex 360, with its default configuration.
    I'm using it for almost 3 years and it never happened.
    Now i cant even turn on the computer, it simple doesnt start up, nothing show up on the screen.
    I dont know what to do now.
    Can someone help me?

PS. i tried to take out the memory and clean it, nothing changed.

4. Muad Dib

Muad Dib Newbie

Reputations:
    Problem just developed on a Latitude D820 with 4GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit.

Of course the 3 year warranty expired in February, go figure....

Anyway I tried several of the techniques suggested in thie thread including:

1) Update BIOS
    2) Update Nvidia Quadro NVS 120m driver
    3) Ran Dell System Diagnostics - passes all tests
    4) Vents are clean, gan is working and temperatures are within specs
    5) Disabled network devices
    6) Removed, cleaned and reseated memory cards

The culprit is, in my case, the integrated video. If I disable the Nvidia Quadro NVS 120m the problem stops. Enable it and the problem occurs again. This will replicate the problem 100% of the time.

Don't know what else to try except replace MOBO, not sure if I want to spend the money....

In the meantime I am stuck with the default VGA driver and 1280x1024 resolution with 32 bit color......

5. vinizampa

vinizampa Newbie

Reputations:
    Same problem here, I've read some threads, you can discart temperature and nvidia errors, because it happens here sometimes after few minutes i had turned on my notebook (Dell Vostro 1510) and nvidia because I don't even have this here, but I it crashes.

6. txt75287

txt75287 Newbie

Reputations:
    I found that when I did a windows repair I received this error. Download the correct dell video driver from dell's website and burn it to disk. Boot your machine in safe mode. Go to device manager and delete the display adapter. Then install the display driver on the cd that you downloaded from dell. Reboot and you should be good to go. This was done on a dell Latitude d620.

7. Magic Man

Magic Man Newbie

Reputations:
    Thought it was just me till I did a search.

Been having this since just before Christmas on a 2007 model Inspiron 6400, x1400 card.

I've had lines on the screen as well and not much luck with it booting again afterwards, seems to lock itself out. Suspected it was the graphics card playing up.

8. MRSAC

MRSAC Newbie

Reputations:
    I've had this computer for over 4 years while at college. It has had a few other problems but is still running and will hopefully continue to buy me some time before I buy a new one. I just got this message for the first time. I guess it is reassuring to know that I am not the only one who has this problem.

9. melissament

melissament Newbie

Reputations:
    look like your memory not suported to the board, try use different memory.. [​IMG]

10. TurtleWax

TurtleWax Newbie

Reputations:
    From what I have found on this NMI parity error on Dell is it is the VIDEO memory. I ran diags on system ram - PASS everything
    Video tests showed some bits stuck - FAIL (saw some characters show as wrong color in text mode)

Probably not worth a new video card for it unless you are under warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.