1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

NFS: Most Wanted performance help

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by umkc, Oct 30, 2012.

1. umkc

umkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello,

I tried to play the new NFS most wanted on my laptop yesterday and i was disappointed with the performance :(
    I put all the settings on high in full HD resolution and the fps fluctuates a lot between 38-60. this is obviously not good for a racing game if you want a smooth experience. then I put all the settings to low and still have lot of fluctuations.

is there any way to lock down the fps? I don't mind playing at a lower fps, a constant 40 fps is a lot better than this horrible fluctuation....your help is appreciated :)

SPECS:

CPU: 3720QM
    GFX: GT 680M
    Nvidia driver: 306.97

2. Silverfern

Silverfern Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    what graphics card

3. umkc

umkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    sorry...added specs now

4. Red Line

Red Line Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    are you on the latest beta drivers? Vsync on? well, no wonder, it was just being announced. it may just require some better drivers to work properly!

5. umkc

umkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am not exactly sure....i think the driver number is 306.97..or something like that. I don't think there is a Vsync option in the graphic settings though.

6. umkc

umkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    is there any way to lock down maximum fps of a game? if something like that exists, i can probably give it a try

7. edryr

edryr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have exactly the same issue with a 7970m.

8. Red Line

Red Line Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    dunno.. usually there is an option for this the graphics menu. try downloading and installing the lates 310.33 beta drivers for you card from nvidia site and see how the game runs after this)

9. Kirrr

Kirrr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No fps lock settings ingame. You can edit the config file, but there's only a lockto30 option. Poor optimalization.

10. umkc

umkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    what is that tool called "nvidia something" ? i remember using a small tool in the past to add or remove graphic settings that are not available in-game. dammit...i forgot the name :confused2: