Next Vehicle You Want To Purchase

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Collegekid2k, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    A 370z isn't exactly a big car either by those standards. Plus, it's got two less doors.

2. usapatriot

Reputations:
    When I see a 370z, I think of a college aged kid with a knack for reckless driving.

3. usapatriot

Reputations:
    Why are you even looking at cars if you're not going to buy for another 4 years? All the cars will be a whole new generation ahead and the playing field is going to have changed massively.

Why would you move to Ecuador or Thailand? Seriously. Why?

4. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I had free time last week and went to a Subaru dealer to look at some Imprezas. I got to drove both the standard WRX and the STi, and wow, those cars are amazing in the handling and power department.

I'm glad I was able to drive them now, because spending time with one for a whole day (They had some sort of program that allows you to "borrow" the car for an entire day), I came to a conclusion that it just isn't the right car for me at this time. From a performance perspective, it's great, but some issues I noticed became apparent with the WRX by the end of the day. The engine and the exhaust sounds good, but the "droning" sound would become a bit tiring after a while on the highway. While the STi doesn't exhibit the same issue, the WRX hatchback I rolled around in felt a bit soft and top heavy at times. Quite strange, I'm guessing the suspension has been soften up with the standard WRX?

The thing that pretty much killed any further desire for the car was the insurance. I had Farmers Insurance ran a quote for my current policy with a standard WRX and my payment jumped up to an astounding $344 a month! I returned the WRX to the dealer the following morning and went to the test the next vehicle I was interested in, the 2011 Civic SI. Four hours later, I walked out of the dealership with the last 2011 Taffeta White Civic SI sedan the dealer had left.

The WRX would tear the Civic a new one on the track, but the Honda's day-to-day driveability and refinement while at the same time having that extra spunk to have a little fun just wins me over. Best of all, my gas mileage remains virtually the same compared to my Lancer and my insurance barely increased. Pretty strange how shopping for cars can be a total 180 degrees experience.

5. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm 25, single, with a speeding ticket back in 2005. My insurance with the Lancer was $154/month, the Civic SI is $198/month, and the WRX would've been $344/month. I think because it's a turbo that is why the insurance jumped so much. I had a RX-8 that cost about $221/month to insure, but back then the policy I had wasn't comprehensive as the one I have now, so I didn't really want to mention it.

6. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    A used V8 Charger R/T, Pontiac GTO, or Cadillac CTS-V.

7. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Looking for a 4WD SUV for the winter and off-roading; narrowed it down to either a WJ Jeep Cherokee, Toyota 4Runner, Nissan XTERRA or Pathfinder. Also looking for stupid cheap (1500-4000).

8. Mr_Mysterious

Mr_Mysterious Like...duuuuuude

Reputations:
    The newest corvette. I don't know why, but I love them.

They're cheap, fast and apparently good quality.

Mr. Mysterious

9. ray4jc

ray4jc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I want my 1990 5.0 hatchback Mustang back....one day......

10. Patrick

Patrick I beat spamers with stiks

Reputations:
    The car I want? GT500.

Realistically? I will probably pick up a 2011 < GT Convertible or a 6 year old BMW in about 4 years. Or a '99 volvo s70 T5 awd. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.