News Rumor: NVIDIA RTX 3080, 3070, 3060 Mobile Specifications Detailed

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by yosv211, Dec 30, 2020.

1. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I love MXM too having had a few of them, so convenient and consumer oriented but I think Dell's abandonment of it for their own proprietary DGFF "value added" standard means the end for it. Even DGFF I've heard is phased out now. HP also another major player that abandoned it. Maybe the odd Aetina version out there going forward but then you have to wait until they filter down into consumer level used to get a decent price. Soldered badness from now on I think.

thewizzard1 likes this.
  2. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    When do we expect these to land in the Alienware 51m laptop? Many companies are releasing this month

3. thewizzard1

thewizzard1 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @HaloGod2012 I'd be willing to bet Dell swaps over to another proprietary form factor, but with the same electrical spec.
    Can't have the old stuff making a dent in the new stuff, and every model needs it's own parts /s

Papusan likes this.
  4. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That seems like a horrible approach even when old stuff makes a dent in the sales of new stuff. Won't the R&D costs alone for new stuff end up costing more than just letting people upgrade their old systems? Selling upgrades can still be profitable.

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    A minor change in design won't cost a fortune. They will lose more if you don't visit their store:D

joluke and thewizzard1 like this.