New Year Resolutions 2015!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thierry19, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shyster1

Shyster1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Spend more time at NBR. It's been a while and I sort of miss the place.

2. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    It's but a ghost town any more.

3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Wouldn't tourists pay big money to see that sort of thing?

4. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Finish À la recherche du temps perdu. I read Vol. I at the end of this year, wouldn't mind reading vols. II-VII next year. We'll see how that goes...

I also would like to get more work done on my conlang.

5. gschneider

gschneider Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mine is to finish my IT certifications and get a new Job..

This year has been the hardest in my life. Work over worked me and over stressed me to the point I cracked and for the first time in 11 years I had to take time off sick, I am on 4 kinds of medication 1 for depression (works for the stress), 1 for anxiety, 1 to make me sleep and 1 to keep me a sleep.

When I got back to work I found the company I had given 11yrs of my life from 18yrs old to, basically did nothing but promise things and write stuff down every 2 weeks then leave me alone. After 6 weeks of still asking for help they just said that's the end of the support process. Even though I have given them hours in free overtime, days off, covered sickness for others, helped other stores, moved my shifts, even put the company before my partner and daughter who is now and a half. I felt properly hung out to dry, in fact they even broke most of the next steps they wrote down to do.

It destroyed who I am, to the point I don't know who I am any more. I fear doing anything that I might break it or fail at it. I want to install Linux I have the ISO on a bootable drive but still not done it. Even though I have Acronis I can roll back and be in back up in 30mins. It's a horrible way to live, I didn't do this before in my life. They just made me petrified to get anything wrong or get told off.

So I picked up some online video courses and I must admit it is a struggle. Concentrating for long periods is hard and I drift off and also its really quite boring and lonely just listening to a guy speak and taking notes.

I have Comptia A+ 801 and 802, CompTIA N+ and then 6 Microsoft course's 4 in Windows 7 and 1 on Windows 8 and on Windows 10.

I finished and passed the CompTIA A+ 801 with 89% (803/900) which wasn't bad for my first test and first time doing courses like this. With all the meds in me as well some have some affects that don't help studying. I am on the mend as well so that is good news.

So new year:

1. Finish courses.
    2. Keep exercising (I am not fat I weight like 11stone but it does keep you healthy and helps your brain).
    3. Get a new job once done.
    4. Keep studying once finished this lot maybe try and get a degree as the next bit.
    5. As a side learning. Learning to code and program is actually fun and good.
    6. Read more books as I hardly ever read. Even if I read a text book just read!
    7. Observe that my life is mine and don't fear everything. Just try it! Nothing I do can not be undone or fixed in some way.

anyway that is me for 2016!

6. Thierry19

Thierry19 Coffee enthusiast

Reputations:
    I pretty much post two messages a year on here now, a sad look at the past year, and a hopeful prevision about the next.. :p
    For my last year resolution:
    *I failed the first, am still using 2560*1440p
    *Got that pretty good, went to the gym 2 to 4 times a week all year
    *Got that as well, even improved my GPA
    *Got a pretty good internship last fall, 7/10
    *Success-ish, I went to a couple of new places but I did not reach a new country or anything huge :(, I will fix that in 2016 though
    *Success-ish again, nothing serious but then again, that was the plan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.