1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

new y500 wifi issues

Discussion in 'IdeaPad & Essential' started by jeri534, May 9, 2013.

1. jeri534

jeri534 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just received my Y500. First windows 8 laptop. I cant seem to connect to my wifi. I keep getting "limited" access but I don't get any connectivity. My phone and my tablet connect to the router just fine. Ive tried latest drivers, Ive tried windows 7 drivers, no luck. I put my phone as a mobile hotspot and it connected immediately. Any ideas? I don't have access to the router but I don't know how to proceed if I know other devices work with the router, and that my laptops wifi connects to another router just fine.
    Ive also connected my usb wifi adapter and it works perfectly fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. gnan10

gnan10 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Go to device manager-> network adapters
    Under this catogory select ur 2230n wifi card
    Rightclick on it
    select Uninstall
    Then Check the option uninstall driver software also..
    Reboot and try to connect...
    It was worked for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

3. BlazeHN

BlazeHN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Had a similar problem, just did as gnan10 said (and additionally reinstalling the drivers) and problem fixed.