New Y460 and Y560 Ideapads

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Rustican, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheva24

Sheva24 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    what do you think of lenovo y560's gaming performance (core i7) and heating?i was also thinking to buy asus n61jq but i choosed lenovo y560 from frys(850$)

2. CrunchyCheeseTwists

CrunchyCheeseTwists Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Yihuan - What does the Lenovo Split Screen actually do? I have a Y560 that I just purchased and when I run split screen, nothing happens... I called Lenovo and they had no documentation or knowledge of what it is for... I've watched the demo, which has no sound and seems incomplete. Any light that you can shed on this is appreciated!

3. supremekai

supremekai Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    right click on the icon in the task tray, and choose 4:3, custom or hardware mode (you need to use the ati gfx for this) .

if you choose 4:3 when you click and hold on a window you will see blue tinted boxes in 4:3 and one on the right, when you release the window in either tinted boxes, when u maximize the program, it only maximize in that tinted box area.

custom mode is you get to choose the area of the screen you want to split.

hardware mode is when you full screen a window, ie video game, it only full screens in that tinted box. (i haven't tried this yet)

hope that helps.

4. Sheva24

Sheva24 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    is there anyone to reply my question please?

5. js2393

js2393 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have a few questions:

1. Where are people getting the Y560 with a Core i5? I checked Lenovo.com but all I see is an i3 and two i7 models. However, the 2nd i7 model is more expensive with no apparent increase in specs; could the cheaper i7 model simply be a typo that actually has an i5?

2. How does the battery life in the Y560 with an i5 compare to one with an i7?

6. CrunchyCheeseTwists

CrunchyCheeseTwists Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks much! Unfortunately, mine is not working. :( Lenovo tech support had me restore my machine to the factory settings, so I lost all of my applications, etc. and it's still not working. I'm approaching an hour and a half on the phone w/them in total and they pointed me to your response (your posting in response to me) as the answer. Too funny, but also sad. At least they are pleasant and trying.

Thanks again for your quick response. You should bill Lenovo for tech support charges!

7. Starcub

Starcub Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The model ID was IdeaPad Y560 - 064627U and it used to be on Lenovo's site, however it seems to have been removed. My guess is that they sold them all and are awaiting more stock.

8. BazCZ

BazCZ Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    js2393: The cheaper one has only 4GB RAM while the more expensive one has 8GB, both should be i7. BUT, you're right that the i5 model has disappeared, I'm a bit shocked..
    WTH? Maybe it wasn't sold well enough for them, but it had switchable graphics while the i7 doesn't? It was its crowd puller and they stop selling it, even before it comes to Europe? I'm so upset :mad:

9. Dashock

Dashock Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry to ask again:

Hey guys got a question basically i want to buy a screen protector film for my Y560, It still has not arrived yet so i need some help i need to know the screen dimensions in mm so i can get it custom cut out from Photo Don i read of reviews and found theirs to be the best. If anyone else has any recommendations im open. But back to it if someone can give me the length and width in mm that be brilliant. Thanx guys!

10. supremekai

supremekai Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    lol, too funny.

did you try re-installing it?

It should be in D:\drivers\InstallPackage\Installation

if you don't have it then i can upload it.

the size is 15.6" 16:9, so what ever the dimension that is, it would be the same for all laptop with that size. The people cutting should know the dimensions. I would measure it for you but I have the y460.

Edit: googled- 15.6" 16:9 size is 345 x 194.31mm/13.6" x 7.65" link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.