New XPS

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by otaku, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otaku

otaku Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Does anyone know when it is coming out and what the specs and pricing are? I am hoping to buy a new machine within a year max and am thinking this (judging by the old xps systems) or an alienware are good bets.

2. Reize

Reize Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    All I know is it's supposed to have a Core Duo CPU and a 7900 GTX. Not sure on the pricing...

It should be out within the next couple weeks.

3. nickspohn

nickspohn Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    If i gave a guess, it would be sometime this week. (Judging what they have done on Dell.com, and the info they put in their coupons)

Expect to pay well over $3000 for this thing. As a Core duo machine with the 7900GTX, all in a XPS, will come at a price.

By far, right now the M170 is well worth it, at nearly half the price of the new one.

4. arunvb

arunvb Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, I am not sure about. What you said will be true if they are still going to have the M170 with M1710 as their high end model. If they are going to replace the M170 with M1710, I still believe they will have a few cheaper options comparable to the existing pricing structure probably with slower core duos and 7800 GTX. I am waiting to buy one of these and losing my patience already. Hope they have something similar to what I believe.

5. xAMDvsIntelx

xAMDvsIntelx Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, the new XPS system will cost one pretty penny. Full spec'ed out models are rumored to cost more than $5000 :)eek:)

6. Reize

Reize Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    And even at that price it's not in VooDooPC's top of the line range <_>

7. otaku

otaku Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well chances are a voodoo would cost at least 1k more than the dell though you would get a much nicer looking system and better support etc. thats the thing I'm not sure if I will get one of these I mean if I can get a voodoo for a bit more (or a falcon) I just might or an alienware which would be a nice compromise

8. Reize

Reize Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Make that $2-2.5k more, try maxing out a u709. I like how the XPS M1710 looks better than any voodoo though =X

I wouldn't get an Alienware, simply because you could get the same for cheaper, like a Sager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.