NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Bothered by an old paid off loan showing up on my credit report. I finally decide to do something about it, call the loan company number it says to call. they say they can't help since they show they did their part years earlier and that I need to call the credit bureau. So I call them, on hold for 15 mins, get a person and start explaining and the call drops. I call them back, same thing, another 15 mins on hold, call drops right at the start again and I'm 99% certain it was the same guy. I gave up for now, may try it another day when I have time to burn.

Why the hell is this my problem, shouldn't they be working this out? Jeesh

2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    The credit bureau guy isn't motivated by seeing the results of his teams hard work and effort, just the itches and booze :)

Fishon and killkenny1 like this.
  3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Well played.

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I'd only interview the stockbrokers. I conducted the first interview, and would schedule a second interview with the branch manager if I thought they were worthy. Never did yearly assessments since they were measured by their production numbers and compliance record. Just tied to get past the things they practiced and rehearsed on, and get a feel beyond their facade. I'd take my questions into unexpected directions, as we used the term 'to peel the onion' in trying to get to really know someone. Of course their prior production numbers mattered greatly. But If they were too packaged and smooth, there was usually something amiss and it always raised a red flag with me. Plenty of guys wanted to be a stockbroker as it has the glamor attached to the position. But not many were willing to really roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to prospect and get new clients. Hard work needing a unique talent few can do successfully. I'd often be surprised at who made it and who didn't.

Your production and how you interact and with others is what matters for you I assume. Just fill the darn thing out by giving them a bit of what they want and do done with it. Learn to BS a bit. It's not considered dishonest, but just giving them a bit of what they want expect. Just like dem ladies you're attempting to peruse. Applies here as well, as I've been trying to say here to years.

Write your dispute to the three agencies as they have one month to respond by law.

killkenny1 likes this.
  5. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Eh I am too lazy to do that, I just started a refinance today so they already pulled my credit, won't get it pulled again in who knows how many years. I'm hoping it will drop off after so many years of inactivity. Or maybe they will talk to each other and fix it without my interaction now that I tried to report it.

6. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Yeah, I hate this game, but I play along when I have to.
    Didn't put it as sleek as you wrote in your previous post, but something along the lines.
    The annual talk will be conducted without any HR, just a tet-a-tet with a fellow engineer and maybe other two engineers will join and listen, so everyone involved already knows what is BS and what is not.

Fishon likes this.
  7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

killkenny1 likes this.
  8. killkenny1

Reputations:
    More like
    [​IMG]

JRE84 and Fishon like this.
  9. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
  10. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Jarhead and Fishon like this.