NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    What’s the point though, I guess. All our personal data is already out there...

2. Nick

Nick Professor Carnista

Reputations:
    I haven't been on social media in a few years so hopefully there's a little less of me out there.

killkenny1 and saturnotaku like this.
  3. Asnowballs

Asnowballs Newbie

Reputations:
    This may be based on safety factors.

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Never mind the long food bank lines...

[​IMG]

etern4l and Gabrielgvs like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Professor Carnista

Reputations:
    The You Learn skit in the Macy's parade. Straight cringe.

I hardly agree with Fishon on everything, but I think you're interpreting this incorrectly. Fishon isn't protesting having nice things, but the powers that be focusing on a single metric (stock market) as an indicator of how well the country is doing overall.

Fishon likes this.
  6. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    No question I could be doing more like manning a food bank line today and contributing more to charitable organizations. At at the same time I feel I do not need to be apologetic nor feel I'm being hypocritical. Like it or not, the system is what it is and I'm troubled enough and have the ability to see just how unjust it can be. BTW, cheers to one of my investment portfolios hitting seven figures and that prime grade prime rib I'm cooking today, washing it all down with a top shelf pinot noir. :D

Nick likes this.
  7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    What am I looking at? Some context would be nice :)

8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Stock market and home values hitting new highs as more and more people are waiting in long lines to accept government food assistance. Those with assets are doing better than ever, while those who don't are not.

killkenny1 likes this.
  9. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Pretty much what Fishon said above, but it also helps to keep in mind how many people are suffering vs how many people are doing alright / good / fantastic. Generally, and even currently, that ratio is pretty favorable and while it definitely sucks for those in the unfavorable camp, they're still quite the minority. Not to say that people shouldn't donate their time/money to causes they feel are helpful or to have disdain for local politicians / Congresscritters who are hypocritical about that sort of thing, but at least imo I'm sitting somewhere between saturn and fishon on this: would definitely like to see people who profess concern over the needy to pitch in more (rather than merely wait for something to happen via vote (starving stomachs generally don't hold out well at political time scales) and overall I don't really believe there's much cause for alarm and panic (at least at the levels generally called for by armchair activists).

Nick likes this.
  10. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    invested in apple at 1.40 now im laughing....what to do with this money lol...joking