NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    You might want to debate the importance of protesting police brutality verses a political rally, but I agree with you here, it's a wash.

2. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    One of the examples I was thinking about in particular came to my attention yesterday. I watched a video of an M.D., a black woman out of Texas I believe, emphatically pushing the notion that a cocktail of hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and a Z-pack has successfully treated every Covid patient at her hospital. Later that day, a I read a headline where Fauci states that there's no scientific evidence for the efficacy of Hydroxychloroquine as treatment for Covid. And of course, the respective outlets drag each of them through the mud.

3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Stella Immanuel (MD and religious minister) who talks about gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches.and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. Also, our government is run in part not by humans but by “reptilians” and other aliens. And then their is Dr. Fauci who's been the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984.

Tough call.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Kyle and Nick like this.
  4. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I wasn't qualifying either of them. My point was really the way that important information is being communicated to the general public in a contradictory way on a daily basis. She may be a loon, but all I knew previously for example, is that an M.D. was featured in what appeared to be a sober press conference simply detailing her own experiences at a Texas hospital. How many Americans now are completely predisposed to one side or another of our current binary mode of thinking? I question everything and dig for myself. What I see going on around me suggests that many, many, more will readily believe what they see or hear, particularly if it validates their own opinion. That's suddenly become a very dangerous liability.

Kyle and Fishon like this.
  5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

6. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
    I'm with Lauren as I'm aware what China has done to Hong Kong, and the difference to the rioters.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  7. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Is this supposed to be some kind of gotcha?

Didn't I read somewhere that you own a Mercedes or BMW? Here's what your "protestors" think about that. Don't think they won't come for you.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1288207037696966658

KING19 and Kyle like this.
  8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I grant you the two are quite different in nature. But if police brutality at this level isn't an issue to protest over, then I'm not certain what is. Had a journalist friend of mine drive from Arizona to Oregon's CHAZ to see for himself. Spoke with a lot of black guys and he states the reason they were protesting is that they didn't want to get beat up by the police. This was their issue and it was clear. For the white people, not so much. They were more about the capitalist system in America and how perverse it is, and even more interested in having sex and smoking pot in their tents. No question there are organized instigators in that area and this needs to be said and stated as such. But he claims at the time he was there, there was not a lot of it, and the vast majority appeared to be quite grassroots in nature. Like it or not, protesting is a constitutional right and there will always be some taking advantage of any situation like this. But to group them altogether is a serious mistake, and should not lessen one's feeling of their right to protest. Same can be said about the Michigan protestors and with their guns, swastikas, and Confederate flags- some calling for the lynching of governor Whitmer. Yes, some of each of these elements are appalling, but should not silence the others or lessen their cause. Abortion protestors have every right to protest as well, and yes there are nut cases like the Westboro Baptist Church, but you can't lump everyone who opposes abortions into the same camp.

And yes I own both a Benz and a Beamer but will be selling the Benz pretty soon to get an Audi A5. :D

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  9. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
    Yes, to condemn a group based on the actions of a few is a serious mistake :D

KING19 and Fishon like this.
  10. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Need to pick some wine, but for someone who doesn't drink the stuff it's hard with all the types and brands available...