NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't know why it is so difficult to follow instructions, even when it's a matter of life or death. :confused: It seems particularly challenging for us in the state of Florida, where an apparent er, spirit of freedom let's say, finds us the new global hot spot for Covid cases.

Kyle and killkenny1 like this.
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    If only it affected stupid morons...
    Unfortunately we are all in this together and have to suffer those idiots.

I mean, how freaking hard is it to wear a simple freaking mask?!? What is it, sweatheart, it's hard to breathe?!? Well good luck with breathing if you get breathing complications associated with CoVID-19. I tell ya, masks, that's rubish! Those ventilators sure are a blast though!

Gabrielgvs, Kyle, 6730b and 1 other person like this.
  3. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Unfortunately we had riots in a lot of our major cities for 60 straight days, Somehow the rules dont apply to them especially when you support a certain movement i wont name. Also we're told that Covid wont infect them even though in reality a virus dont care who are and what your beliefs are. Ofc cases are going to spike up like crazy after that....

Meanwhile normal people are fined for not wearing a mask plus power tripping governors form task forces to crack down on businesses who want reopen their businesses even though they've been following the rules. My job in particular might be force to close again because my boss got tired of waiting for the green light from the governor to reopen and was close to shutting down for good and many of us would be forced to look for a new job.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Kyle likes this.
  4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Doesn't surprise me in the least. Watching Missouri Governor Mike Parson for example stating he won't issue a mandatory mask issuance because people of Missouri 'don't take kindly bein' told what to do and it's best we just ask 'em nicely'. Political leaders and what they say and do, what and where people are getting their information from, and it being an election year it stays an us against them.

Interesting you point out one sector, the protestors, and not anyone else. Why not mention the political rallies in Oklahoma, Arizona, and at Mt. Rushmore? Not a mask to be seen. Interesting Herman Cain has been in the hospital on oxygen for the four or five weeks since getting infected. And now we have representative Louie Gohmert who's refused to wear a mask just got it as well.

Edit: "I can't help but wonder if by keeping a mask on and keeping it in place, I might have put some germs — some virus — onto the mask and breathed it in," Gohmert said in an interview with Texas radio station.

And you wonder why the US is in the shape it's in. lol

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    "Protestors" LMAO

skibone, KING19 and Kyle like this.
  6. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:

There are two factors.
    First, the authorities (mostly in the US) bungled up handling the threat in the beginning, made it seem more virulent and deadly that it is (and that after earlier saying it was no big deal, and masks not required).
    Second, the coddling of infantile in like behavior in general, like that can be observed in "protestors".

Instead of having some proper adult discussion that we have limited knowledge (but scientists are learning), we'll keep businesses open in non-hotzone areas as economic depression is devastating, but please let's wear masks and practice physical distancing to get this pandemic over with ASAP.

Instead it has become a political statement to belong to a camp. o_O

KING19 and killkenny1 like this.
  7. Nick

Nick Professor Carnista

Reputations:
    Interesting that no one claims government overreach when they ban burning because weather conditions indicate a high potential for fires. Or when there are water restrictions due to droughts. :cool:

Fishon and killkenny1 like this.
  8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Well, the wearing of masks has become a political statement, hence the resistance, and nothing to do with the common sense of protecting oneself and others in a reasonable fashion.

Herman Cain has died from Covid 19. Previous tweet from him: ‘Masks will not be mandatory at the (Tulsa) event, which will be attended by President Trump. PEOPLE ARE FED UP!’

Nick likes this.
  9. Nick

Nick Professor Carnista

Reputations:
    Of course it. The same people also claim the virus is too small for masks to filter. :facepalm:

Glad I'm getting a master's in biology so I can be second-guessed while explaining biology 101 level virology/epidemiology.

killkenny1 and Fishon like this.
  10. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's incredibly disappointing that everything, apparently everything has to be politicized these days. You'd think that the guilty parties (see what I did there) and the media would cease with human lives in the balance, but no. The decision to wear masks should be made according to what the available science says, and with the interests of both ourselves and each other in mind, IMO.