NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    My car developed a popping/clunking sound when traveling at parking lot speeds. Took it to the dealer who, miraculously, also heard what I did. He traced it to a bad strut on the front-passenger side. Upon replacing the entire shock absorber assembly, it's cured. While I am grateful they were able to track down the problem and fix it under warranty, I'm mad a part like that was failing on a car I've owned for less than two months with fewer than 2,500 miles on the clock, especially since said vehicle was built with mechanicals that have a strong track record for reliability. Hopefully this is not a portent of things to come.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Prototime likes this.
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    It bothers me that I had an opportunity to go see Rush perform live in Berlin a few years ago, but I didn't take it...

3. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's okay, as long as you learn from your mistakes. Here, let me help you avoid a similar crisis in the future :

https://www.ticketmaster.com/babymetal-tickets/artist/1993807

[​IMG]

Fishon and JRE84 like this.
  4. killkenny1

Reputations:
  5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    No worries. Their hologram concerts will be just at authentic as their live acts.

Yeah, don't get me started on what artists I could have seen. Just glad I was a regular concert goer and saw what I saw. Thinking of my biggest regrets: I should have seen a number of bands more often than I did. Should have seen the Never Say Die! Black Sabbath tour and Rainbow/ Ritchie Blackmore a couple more times come to mind. Also, Emerson Lake and Palmer, and ELO. Too young for Led Zeppelin. Never saw Fleetwood Mac, Prince, Eagles, or Bruce Springsteen but they're not in my wheelhouse. No Paul McCartney. Saw most of the biggies though: Pink Floyd, The Who, Rolling Stones, Yes, Genesis, The Kinks, Roxy Music, KC, Deep Purple, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Frank Zappa, The Animals, The Police, Cheap Trick, Tom Petty, Dire Straits, Jethro Tull, Neil Young (all in their heyday- not reunion tours or twilight of their careers) come to mind. Saw the majority of punk bands of the first wave of punk.

Convel, killkenny1 and Gabrielgvs like this.
  6. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    :vbmad: Pffft. I'm outta here you hateful mofo!

Fishon likes this.
  7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
  8. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Spoke too soon lol. Some more urgent things came up, so I will postpone new desktop assembly, probably to the next weekend, once, hopefully, CPU cooler will arrive.

9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Too many good people have died in helicopter crashes...

Kobe Bryant, daughter Gianna die in helicopter crash
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...e-bryant-daughter-gianna-die-helicopter-crash

Watch Live: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash
    CBS News
    Kobe Bryant, a five-time NBA champion with the Los Angeles Lakers who is considered one of the greatest basketball players of all-time, died in a helicopter crash in Los Angeles on Sunday, the City of Calabasas said. He was 41.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    KING19 likes this.
  10. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Music file metadata. Specifically, how stupid m4a and wma data is compared to mp3 data.