NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Why are all high performance RAMz (i.e. 3600 MHz, CL16) so horrible looking (looking at you, G.Skill)?

2. carlodelmazo

carlodelmazo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I know this is not about tech but I’m freaking mad at people using perfume or cologne in the gym.

I got it, it’s nice to smell fine but using 1 litre of perfume when I’m 10 meters far from you and still smelling it, drive me total nuts.

yes right now I’m at the gym and just click this thread on my head.

3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Suppose it's better than smelling someone's BO, but not by much.

[​IMG]

Why does it matter? Do you have a clear case?

4. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hmm. Whenever I've been in the gym, I've been way to focused on an intense workout to notice anything but the weight I was trying to push. That you're preoccupied with cologne and your cell phone while "working out" is. . . interesting, to someone like me.

5. killkenny1

Reputations:
    The knowledge about it is enough to bother me.
    Also fan clearance. To put Dark Rock 4 on CPU I would need Trident RAMz to install in slots 1 and 3.

6. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I disagree about the smell, but agree about the phone. Breathing is a big part of it all, and if the temps aren't decent and an odorous smell is in the air, it would effect me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  7. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Personally i rather smell perfume/cologne at the gym than BO because most people will smell funky at the gym after a workout especially in the summer. Then again you'll smell funky too after an hour workout session lol

8. carlodelmazo

carlodelmazo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Times change I guess, phones are super useful for the gym, depend of the lift I find it useful as well to double check my form and multitasking like texting and replying emails, everyone uses phones nowadays, I hardly believe the phone can prevent someone to make gains, if someone don't make gains because the phone maybe the wrong is somewhere else. The same thing was said to use headphones in the gym and listen to music working out.

One thing is not a problem to be around someone who knows how to use cologne giving a nice subtle fresh smell, for example there is one dude I think he is a model or something he dress super sharp at the gym and when in the stretching area its noticeable he uses cologne but very light and its feels fresh and not bother at all, in the other hand another dude who I guess he just throw it into him like water so from far its disturbing and smells super strong and impossible to lets say sit in the bench next to him because I can feel the strong alcohol from the cologne and give a hard to breath and concentrate.

At least for me, I doubt many could lift properly if they have a whole flask pour on their face.

9. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Dating sux
    Work really sux
    School sux something awful

And I had to buy a new Surface cause the aftermarket battery I got for my SP4 nearly exploded...:wideeyed:

10. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Have you ever wondered when everything around you sucks it's in fact you that sucks?
    :D:D:D

But if serious, these things do tend to get bothersome from time to time...