NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks, Fishon. This NBR tradition has officially signaled the beginning of autumn. :newpalm:

Fishon likes this.
  2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

And I really look forward to a good homemade pumpkin pie with fresh whipping cream. Just that supermarket pies are horrible (taste and textually), and every other thing that's flavored with it is either too strong on the flavor and spices, or has an artificial taste to it.

Gabrielgvs likes this.
  3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    AutoCAD hatch function - sometimes I just want to kill it...

4. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That's crazy, that's really gonna raise the price of future BMW's to pay for that kind of recall. Bringing in all 257,481 vehicles for the repair instead of being able to do an over the air update.

BMW Recalls Nearly All Of Its Vehicles Built Since 2018
    Yes, it affects the Supra, too, and Rolls-Royce models. If you own a 2018 or newer BMW model there is a chance that a recall for the backup camera could affect you. It covers 257,481 vehicles. The table below shows all of the models that this campaign covers, including the Rolls-Royce Cullinan, Phantom, and Toyota Supra.

6. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I didn't even know I could adjust the brightness and just checked. I can, but the brightness doesn't diminish too much at all.

Of all the owners, I surmise a great number of us will just ignore this recall. I know I will.

hmscott and Convel like this.
  7. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Apparently it's still within spec if you adjust only brightness or contrast, but if you bump both up to the max, the camera is no longer in compliance with the requirements. Like you, I would've ignored the recall.

Another automative facepalm: https://insideevs.com/news/376037/tesla-mcu-emmc-memory-issue/

Teslas write log files pretty much as if they were developer vehicles (lots of read/write)... and the storage medium of choice is 8GB of eMMC NAND... soldereded... unchanged from 2010 up to 2018. The official method of repair when memory corruption becomes an issue is to swap the entire PCB/MCU, and the cost is not covered by Tesla.

hmscott likes this.