NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    On the "bright" side, our words finally match our actions wrt KSA's treatment of people and our responses.

Fishon likes this.
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Didn't US always back Saudis, regardless of other crappy things they did?

3. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Our ability to look the other way with Saudi Arabia astounds me. That's an alliance that I'll never understand. It certainly makes us look like hypocrites on the world stage (among many other things we do).

4. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Actually, hypocrisy would be refusing to do business with them for such things, because the reality is that we have, and continue to engage in like behavior and activitites including assassination. The mere fact that sort of geopolitical business is conducted under the guise of "bringing freedom and liberty" to v̵a̵s̵s̵a̵l̵ ̵s̵t̵a̵t̵e̵s̵ the four corners of the globe does not constitute any sort of moral high ground -particularly in the ME.

5. killkenny1

Reputations:
    A company that I previously worked for, and was fired due to downsizing, just got its AOC revoked by the Authority, which basically means its done.
    Despite for it turned out for me and many other people who got previously fired, kinda feel sad about it. It was a pretty good workplace with awesome people and generally had a unique atmosphere.
    Really sad for the company and its people.

6. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Guess it wasn't such a good workplace if they were so incompetent (based on what you gave us here). Bummer when you look back on all the good stuff though. I too have had a great position at a firm, only to have them go under. Best of luck to you- truly.

[​IMG]

7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Yeah, a few badly made decisions by some did its toll on the company.
    Still feel sad for plenty of other people who made big plans, started families, bought houses in credit, etc. Until recently it was a pretty stable place. There were people who have worked for a long time there, so naturally they felt safe to advance in their lives. And now they are left with this...
    Me? I'm one of the lucky ones. Don't have anything to lose so to speak, no family of my own except for parent and sister, no credits to pay off, so generally pretty safe. Just a monthly rent bill I need to pay. And I received a compensation for lay off and found a new job within a week.
    Although I did have some plans for advancing my life as well, but decided to wait a bit. Good thing I did.

Convel and hmscott like this.
  8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Would be a bit more comforting to know our POTUS knew how to spell forest.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Convel, Nick and Atma like this.