NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Nearly bricked my Alienware. Was still having blue screen issues, so I took the suggestion and turned on driver verifier. Caused the system to hang at POST, could not initiate system restore, or Reset PC from recovery or USB. Clean install it is! :realmad::twitchy:

2. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Maybe next time, get something from Sager?

radji likes this.
  3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    The President’s Sunday-morning tweet should be seen as a turning point. It doesn’t teach us anything new—most students of the case already understand what Donald Trump, Jr., Paul Manafort, and Jared Kushner knew about that Trump Tower meeting. But it ends any possibility of an alternative explanation. We can all move forward understanding that there is a clear fact pattern about which there is no dispute:

• The President’s son and top advisers knowingly met with individuals connected to the Russian government, hoping to obtain dirt on their political opponent.

• Documents stolen from the Democratic National Committee and members of the Clinton campaign were later used in an overt effort to sway the election.

• When the Trump Tower meeting was uncovered, the President instructed his son and staff to lie about the meeting, and told them precisely which lies to use.

• The President is attempting to end the investigation into this meeting and other instances of attempted collusion between his campaign staff and representatives of the Russian government.

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Haha. So while Manafort was robbing, Gates was robbing him.

5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
  6. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    My deadbeat father found out about my mom’s death and is already causing me loads of issues. Life insurance agent had contacted him a few days ago since he didn’t have my number nor my sister’s or brother’s contact info. Tried to get it from him instead and in the process told him about the death, something we didn’t want him to know for now.

And now he’s tried to contact me and my sister, told other family on his side and they’re trying to contact us too, and he just now tried to extract a death certificate from the funeral home without my permission (home did call me for it and I declined and instructed them not to release any info to him). Also had to call up my lawyer to inform them of his new knowledge and this act of his.

7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Is the trust all in order?

8. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Everything's in order. Will specifies who the beneficiaries are (not him), mom's life insurance also spells out the beneficiaries (not him, again), I'm replacing my mom in the court case against him (child support, because deadbeat trash), house deed is in my name, mom's car is in mine and my brother's name, and the state he lives in is a "responding state" (iirc) which means that neither he nor his state can modify the order (it would have to be either me or the prosecuting state, and neither of us are changing jack), and *his* life insurance is current (as per the court order).

They've been divorced for decades now, so it's not like there's any lingering legal stuff in his name. It's just something that I don't have the mental/emotional time for honestly.

My mom had months to prepare all the legal formalities that I'd need to work through, once she was diagnosed. And she was also a PA in all but name given how she handled that divorce and later support case (she's a tough woman that you didn't want to cross :) ).

Gabrielgvs and Fishon like this.
  9. JinKizuite

JinKizuite Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Bunch of my online friends, bout 12 of them all bought Monster Hunter World on steam that got released yesterday. Tried running it but my old Acer i5 4210hq + 960m can't run it. Feel really left out and frustrated. Don't have the money to upgrade to a better laptop, if I would take all my savings out I could get an Asus g703 I've had my eyes on forever but with the new 1180 series around the corner I feel like I'd be scamming myself in the long run.

Super sad spot to be in right now. :'(

10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    These are the times to focus on your priorities, and not on online friends and a game. These things will always be available to you at anytime in the future. True satisfaction is found in getting your life in better order.

Convel, Datamonger and Jarhead like this.