NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    They picked someone else.

Sent from my Honor View 10 using Tapatalk

2. Vaardu

Vaardu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Lost my lens cap for my f1.7 lens for the GH4, ordered 2 new ones. Also I messed up a dualboot install of Windows 7 and Linux Mint. Figuring I have to rebuild the EFI and delete the now-pointless Linux Mint partition as I want to avoid reinstalling.

3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    RIP Anthony Bourdain

[​IMG]

So you're 0 for 2 in job interviews and you're bummed? Gotta increase those chances and get yourself out there. It's a numbers game my man, and with two interviews, you're not even in the game.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    hmscott, KY_BULLET and Gabrielgvs like this.
  4. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Huge fan of AB. RIP indeed.

hmscott, Fishon and KY_BULLET like this.
  5. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Hell...my Alienware just crashed hard. It's been finicky the last 6 months. But now...:vbmad:

I know what I will be doing late into the morning.

6. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The solution is simple, replace it with something that isn't an Alienware.

Papusan, hmscott and Fishon like this.
  7. Vaardu

Vaardu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well I'm an idiot. Turned out it was in a pocket in my pair of shorts. £7 gone. :oops: I learned my lesson, check your pockets in every trouser or pair of shorts you have if you think you genuinely lost it.

On another note: Subscription based software really annoys me. I was looking for different video editors and ruled out Magix Vegas and Adobe software (because Adobe does the subscription stuff) and noticed something from Sony called Catalyst Edit. Apparently that's also subscription based, and it bothers me just as much as having some pain in my backside.

Fishon likes this.
  8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Agreed. Perpetual revenue source and you'll never own.
    The U.S. government had a $147 billion budget deficit in May, an increase of 66 percent from the same month last year as the ledger took a hit from declining revenue and higher spending, according to Treasury Department data released on Tuesday.

So when's dat growth going to offset the deficits? When Trump types tell me the economy is going well after 500 days in office...sure, when you spend off of your credit card things look good. Just wait until the bill comes due. Hopefully for them, when a Dem's in office.

bennyg and hmscott like this.
  9. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My partners laptop (hand me down 17" Clevo) is giving repeated errors about low space on E:, a 450Mb system partition created by Windoze install that is invisible to me and that partition manager won't let me extend?...

Plus I managed to accidentally delete the synced cloud backup of important stuff, and it's started to reupload about 45Gb of data at 1Mbps upload on our POS that passes for Internet in this country. Makes me so mad that the current government played politics with the NBN and cut the balls out of its ambitious optic fibre to the home (FTTN) program, replaced it with these 'node' things that still rely on the ageing copper phone wires and fixed wireless that is in some places reaching capacity now (let alone in the future), and the HFC rollout (using existing street cable installed for the Foxtel pay-TV rollout) is now completely on hold after the advertising regulator (ACCC) slapped down a bunch of ISPs for failing to meet advertised speeds of their NBN plans (charging for 100/40 plans when they delivered speeds that were no better than what would have been obtained under a cheaper 25/5 plan). So until at least the middle of next year we're still on decade old ~10mbps down / 1 up ADSL2+. Now with improved evening throttling due to my ISP prioritising Netflix traffic!!

All this might be excusable if the 2013 election critique of the NBN - that it would cost $90 billion ("double its stated price tag, aren't Labor terrible economic managers herpa derp") had not been already surpassed by the third rate mixed technology clusterf*** it is now, the spend so far is at $100bn and it is nowhere near finished......

edit corrections: FTTN is to the node, I meant FTTH. And the HFC/ex-Foxtel cable is (20 year old) optic fibre not co-ax, only the connections from the street poles to the houses are.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    hmscott likes this.
  10. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Not that you should have to do this, but you could use Macrium Reflect to clone to another drive and use the partition slider (click on the partition end marker) to grow the destination partition larger - if it's a larger drive you are cloning to you can grow all the partitions - or if it's the same size grow the problematic partition and shrink another partition to borrow the space.

bennyg likes this.