NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Man, what can't you blame Obama for?

2. KY_BULLET

KY_BULLET Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No doubt!

For me its Ohio, probably because that's where I work. I start feeling better as soon as I cross back over the Ohio river into Kentucky at the end of the day :D

3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

hmscott likes this.
  4. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Point well taken. At the same time, he really was that bad of a President, and it's got far less to do with the substance of his agenda and far more to do with the way in which he tried to carry it out. To no small degree, the damage done really influenced the last election cycle (and perhaps US politics for the foreseeable future), therein blessing us with the character we now have in the White House.

hmscott likes this.
  5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Not to worry, it's been going on for a long long time and Lincoln being just one example. Opinion piece here from the conservative Andrew P. Napolitano:

Most Presidents Ignore the Constitution

Just as there was a set of people who felt our first black president could do no wrong, we also had a group that seem to have a visceral hate towards him as well. Showed up prominently within Congress with their desire to not work with him on anything, no matter what the cost to America and our political system. Unfortunately, this pushed him to go too far on some matters, I will agree. He's at fault, but no man's an island, and this didn't occur in a vacuum.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  6. Dragnoak

Dragnoak Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I didn't "like" your post, because I agree that this is actually Obama's fault. Rather I think that most of the current government cabinet members, use the same old stale excuse for everything they do, instead of possessing the balls (or ovaries if that be the case), to own up to it, without passing the buck to some other previous administration.

7. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    We can all opine on the "why's" but at the end of the day what we're left with is a previously unfathomable mess in Washington. You don't just get to unilaterally decide this or that in a democratic nation, period. This accelerated incredibly versus any other administration in recent memory. Yes, you'd probably have to go back as far as Lincoln. Although I disagree with the man's politics, I believe he thought he was doing good. Generally, these people Presidents) are passionate to accomplish things, all the more reason to that their power be checked. What we have now in both the executive and in the legislature is quite unsettling in the sense that "we the people", our interests, and our opinions are largely ignored. I don't like Trump, and I didn't vote for him. At the same time, he was voted in very much as the peoples' candidate, regardless of whether or not he's a sham as such. From the very moment he got there, he's been attacked in an unprecedented way in D.C. for the simple reason that he wasn't lock step with either establishment. Essentially, Washington is telling us that we can't have it our way, that it must be their way. Combine this with the abuse of the executive order which continued as soon as Trump got in and the gutting of Senate protocol and we have the sort of consolidation of power we all should be taking a hard look at.

Dragnoak and Fishon like this.
  8. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    People who say stories about neat things they’ve “done” with holes big enough to drive trucks through.

This guy on Discord who sometimes tell these sort of stories from time to time, usually about cars (which I don’t know about very well), told a story about aircraft (which I And a few others do know about pretty well). Claimed that he was onboard an *experimental jet-powered VTOL aircraft* and “took” a few-second video clip of the cockpit (so probably a transport aircraft, and not the F-35B). Asked about the aircraft, couldn’t tell me anything about it. Asked for the name/designation for it, claimed that *it didn’t have one*, asked again a few more times, gave me something that Google couldn’t find. Posted a picture of this “experimental” craft (side profile, only the mid section) and it was clearly the V-22 Osprey from something on Google Images. Also claimed that he was working on the craft as an engineer, but also at the same time was onboard the craft during flight testing because “his friend works in the program” and invited him for a ride (nevermind the massive liability for letting a random civvie fly onboard an experimental aircraft just ‘cause).

After some more back and forward talk, along with two other aircraft hobbyists, and I was... less than convinced... about this guy’s story.

9. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:

Chances it's a small tilt jet V/STOL....near zero. :p

10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I agree with all you said except this over simplified statement above. First, I'd say it does have precedence and that would be how they treated Obama. Jimmy Carter 'the peanut farmer' also comes to mind. So to what degree should the mountain move for the individual or visa versa? Trump has no experience with politics and his cabinet is thin in this area as well, along with a constant influx. Taking Reagan for example as someone who did it right, he articulated his message (on whatever legislation) to the people, winning over the majority, then worked Congress. Obama was short on this as well as to not pick up the phone and schmooze/work the issues to build these relationships. But at least Obama was knowledgeable about his legislation, where Trump is ignorant in this area by all definitions. He's attacked his own party, cabinet, and government workers like never before. Demands loyalty but does not give it in return. He is a man of poor character and lies and demeans constantly. So what do you expect- the mountain to move for him?