NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Nick

Nick Mr.Mischief

Reputations:
    They charged us an extra $100 to rent a economy class car in Vegas.

2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Man, the more I play Kingdom Come, the more I want to go back to Czech Republic...
    Doesn't really bother me, well apart from, you know, decisions, decisions...

3. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The "thought" police.

"U.K. Embraces ISIS Returnees, Cracks Down On Right-Wing Journalists"

Some of the accounts indicate that people who have no ties whatsoever to terrorist groups are being detained and treated as such, while those who may pose an actual threat are embraced with open arms. Right-wing, Canadian journalist Lauren Southern was denied entry, detained, and asked if she were a "Christian extremist", and how she felt about "running over people with cars". :confused:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/13/u-k-embraces-isis-returnees-cracks-down-on-right-wing-journalists/

Admittedly, I'm not all that familiar with UK law and politics, but this trend of suppressing speech and opinion is hypocritical and quite troubling, and becoming more and more frequent in the US. For me, I immediately lose any and all respect for the group typically responsible for this these days, but of even greater concern is that history indicates that such an approach will not end. . .well.

4. Vaardu

Vaardu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Extortionate eBay prices.

Especially for replacement LCDs or computers that were initially really cheap to get but now the prices racked up to the 100s. You know, all I want to do is merely get a different panel for my NC6320 (found out it had a dead or busted LCD panel and gutted the other for its working panel so it actually DOES work) and perhaps upgrade it to a 1400x1050 resolution from 1024x768. I would have a lovely 15in 4:3 Windows laptop on hand ready for anything apart from gaming.

I'm also unemployed, which bothers me further along with certain anxiety.

5. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Op-Amps aren't as bad as I thought they were. The rest of the class just really needs to learn how to solder...and wire...and solve DE's. :vbrolleyes:

hmscott likes this.
  6. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    We had a clog in our main line that caused water and sewage to leak out of the floor drain in our second-floor laundry room. It got all over the floor there, onto the carpet in the hallway, into the adjacent bathroom, through a light fixture on the first floor, into the drywall in our entryway, and through the air ducts into the basement. The clog cost $200 to fix, but we'll have to pay out another $1700 (would have been $2700 but the restoration company is giving us break) in home owner's insurance deductible for the cleanup and repair of everything that got damaged.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:

She's certainly a provocateur attempting to incite by passing out flyers mocking a god, by calling Allah gay. Just like the artist who created Piss Christ. They should be debated or ignored. However and obviously, within a free society one should be able to do this, and by disallowing her entry into the country they're just make her a martyr. These civil liberty infringements are coming from both sides. Take for example the over policing here in Cali that's not passing constitutional mustard. Civil court orders that can restrict someone from associating with friends, or even family members, and prohibit movement, and dress (can't wear a Dodgers jersey for example) . Many of those included in the orders have never been convicted of a crime.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gang-injunctions-removal-20171212-story.html

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  8. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    double post

9. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Whataboutism isn’t a strong counterargument. It’s wrong for both sides to engage in speech spuressing behavior.

Fishon and Gabrielgvs like this.
  10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Yes indeed. I'm fairly certain you're not implying I did that.
    _________