NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    No caffeine? Stay strong man. I think I'd hate that part more than the medical stuff.

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I've been caffeine free for about the last three months. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

3. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Genuinely curious as to the benefits you've noticed, as I hit the espresso a couple of times daily.

4. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Well, I’m usually pretty big on caffeine, usually having a cup or two of coffee a day, followed by a cup of tea before leaving work and sometimes followed by some amount of soda or coffee.

These past few days have been a bit of a withdraw for me. No headaches thankfully, but I just don’t feel as awake as I usually do. Or maybe that’s just a bit of depression coming on since...

...I got the test results back on a test I took later last week. At least as far as I understand as a medical layman, it’s not a pretty result for my heart.

5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    At least he can drink tea...
    Personally tea is my favorite beverage and certain types can be stronger than coffee.

6. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    More natural highs and lows I assume. The obvious benefit is not having to feel dependent on anything outside of yourself. I mentioned to you being a bit ill and laying off the cigars. I'm not physically addicted, but physiologically I am and now after a couple of days that urge is gone. I dislike anything I feel is in control of my decision making, or anything I require or need to make me feel right. I would say coffee is low on the list compared to other drugs but still...

No question. I can drink a cup of coffee early evening and be fine. But a cup of tea and I'll have difficulty falling asleep.

7. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I'm mostly on energy drinks, or water additives. I used to be a tea person, not sure what happened but it's been a while.

8. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'm slightly more tired when I wake up and get started at work, though that sensation has diminished the longer I've been off the stuff. However, my rear end is no longer dragging at 2:30 in the afternoon, which otherwise would have necessitated more of the drug.

The only thing I truly miss is Dunkin Donuts iced tea, but I can drink a decaf iced coffee instead if I really feel the urge.

Fishon and Gabrielgvs like this.
  9. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Talked to my cardiologist today. Contrary to the notes from my initial PCP visit, I am allowed to have caffeine :)

10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

I obviously didn't get the handbook and all I can say is that this place isn't for my anymore. Too many are far too thin skinned here for me to keep an interest and contribute to this. I love to challenge people's thoughts and ideas, but always known to be good natured as well. I'm having just too much difficulty projecting that here. I wish all of you well, and I'll still keep posting in the music thread.