NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Do you feel too uncomfortable, uneasy, or feel these are too personable a subject matter? It's always a chance, but it's extremely rewarding when someone with the same opinions refreshes your perspective with differing ways of articulating a point or position. And even better when I can have a meaningful conversation with someone who sees things differently, but has the ability to articulate well why they have a certain belief or opinion.

2. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Many people hate politics. To me it's just someone trying to troll or argue with you, because it's meaningless conversation. It's no different than discussing salaries or people's ideas on abortion or religion. 99% of the time it just ends up in bad blood because people take it very personally and rarely are open minded enough to have a civil discussion about it.

3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I couldn't disagree more if both parties are sincere about it. If someone is just going to preach, then sure it's nothing more than an argument. But if both parties open their minds to thoughts and opinions not previously considered, it can be very rewarding. Politics amount to values and why people start wars and fight over these sorts of things. To protect their values and what they believe in. What is more important than that? I have wonderful discussions about religion and politics with friends of differing beliefs and it is richly rewarding.

4. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:

Too many conversations start out innocent and then I realize the person is just trying to get a reaction out of me and while I'd eagerly engage when I was younger, I now easily tire of it, and my internal reaction is to go all Roger Murtaugh on the entire subject.

HTWingNut likes this.
  5. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Been there. Except in California, there doesn't need to be any actual rain. So long as there's a 1% chance of rain, people in these parts get "rain on the brain" and start driving with their eyes closed.

6. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    With all the news goes immediately to

[​IMG]

and the usual smiles from the weather ladies turn to stern faces of importance. We are going to get hit here shortly.

7. radji

Reputations:
    I told ya. It should be renamed to "Rain on the brain". We just got the initial shower down here.

8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Probably in a hurry to get home and prepare buckets for water.

9. radji

Reputations:
    More like, "Ermahgerd! Why is there water falling from the sky?!?!?"

10. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Banned from consuming any more caffeine or alcohol for the time being. And will be spending Wednesday(?) not eating or drinking anything before a medical test.