NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead Systematic Love

Reputations:
    Not really. The only meaningful impact it has on me, from what I can tell, is that I won't be able to deduct student loan interest anymore, though that wasn't a lot of money in the first place (the other deductions don't apply to me, since I don't own a house, etc). My 401(k) contributions might be limited, though I need to look back at my paychecks to make sure this is the case.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/trumps-tax-reform-what-can-be-done/

The big question is what happens once this plan expires.

2. Nick

Nick Mr.Mischief

Reputations:
    Why large corporations will feel that a minimum wage job is suddenly worth more than that after a tax cut is beyond me. Corporations are in business to maximize shareholder wealth, not pay employees more than necessary.

Prototime likes this.
  3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Legend S

Reputations:
    Another f'ing kidney stone attack... seems the damn last procedure didn't work. Now for the more invasive one. F my life.

4. Dragnoak

Dragnoak Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I feel your pain. :vbfrown:

As for me, daily doses of radiotherapy, and chemo, ain't no picnic either. :no:

P.S. I'm absolutely sick of hospitals, and doctors. I really want to say "Fugget about it! Just give me enough pain medications to keep me comfortably numb, let me go home to my bed, and let the tumors take their course". After all, in the end when their "treatments" fail, all they can offer me is palliative care.

There are only three reasons why the doctors want to put me through this regime:

1. I have great insurance. In the last 30 years, I've always had supplemental insurance, that paid for all my medical needs, while charging me next to nothing.

2. The doctors want to build up their database, on how long this particular treatment lasts, before I go tits up.

3. Oh yeah, there is a slim chance that I could be cancer free for a few more years, until the next one comes along.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for any sympathy, and I'm still upbeat about my future, whatever time I have remaining. I just get sick of all the doctors, nurses, and aides, who smile at you every day, and ask "How are we doing today"? I don't know how we are, but I'm getting tired of dragging myself out of my cozy bed, and trekking all the way down here to have poison shot through my bloodstream, and X-Rays cooking my lung.

Hey friends, thanks for letting me vent a little. You all have been a big help to me, and I'm so grateful. Keep on doing that voodoo, that you do, so well.

Rhodan, HTWingNut, Gabrielgvs and 2 others like this.
  5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    If it would ever come to that, I'd want to go out with a bang...(dat 10:32 mark:D)

The best of health to the both of you...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Dragnoak likes this.
  6. Jarhead

Jarhead Systematic Love

Reputations:
    While I’m not dealing with that sort of stuff myself (yet), a family member is going through the same sort of thing as you are wrt chemo (Though no radiation yet). And they feel the same way as well about all of it; as for me, it’s hard to see them go through the hospital system and having to deal with that sort of garbage.

Certainly wouldn’t fault you for ranting about the experience. All I can say is that I hope things go well for you and that your health improves. :)

7. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Lost the key to my truck somewhere between my house and my aunt’s house in Bayonne, NJ. At least I have a spare.

8. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I was prepared for the cold to move in, was not prepared for the wind that came with it. Those gusts were terrifying.

9. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    I've wanted to say this for a long while, somewhere. **** the army.

As for you old(er) fogeys... I've got a lot of respect for you lot. My dad is probably your age himself, give or take, and he's already had a slight attack and has to take a blood thinner every day. I can't help but dread the day when something serious happens to him. Take care of yourselves, gentlemen. Health above all.

Stay sharp and witty and happy, because come BGA, LGA, nVidia or AMD, they're all machines, and it's people who matter.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 12:28 AM
    Prototime likes this.
  10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I think this is an incorrect assumption. Gas taxes for example are likely to increase as states and local municipalities seek new ways to maintain funding for infrastructure and other services. General usage fees will go up as well. The debt will likely cut into future economic growth rates and your generation is the one likely to pay for it. Higher interest rates will effect your ability to borrow whenever you're ready to purchase a car or home. And when they do, it was slow the overall economy as well.

The counter argument is if this fiscal stimulus increases growth it will put pressure on wages and hopefully we can see some increase in this area. We are considered close to full employment now, however, the Fed is planning to increase interest rates so keep inflation at bay so the economy does not overheat as well.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 12:18 PM