NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Hey, US been doing that to other countries, no one seemed to care. But now all of the sudden people in the US are concerned about the interference from the third parties.

2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    If the US is buying ads in other countries to influence their elections and are posing as individuals or some grass roots group, don't you think they should care as well? I do believe this is something new.

We have: including funding the election campaigns of specific parties, disseminating misinformation or propaganda, training locals of only one side in various campaigning or get-out-the-vote techniques, helping one side design their campaign materials, making public pronouncements or threats in favor of or against a candidate, and providing or withdrawing foreign aid.

But this doesn't mean we or other nations shouldn't attempt to mitigate it. What bothers me is the reluctance to shed light on this and expose it for all that it is or is not. People acting like it's sour grapes.

3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    So maybe there's more than meets the eye.

Fishon likes this.
  4. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't disagree, but. . . this is part of what happens in a "border-less" world. Social media is a global platform, and opinions are welcome from everyone, everywhere, on all manner of subject. With those platforms now representing at least as significant a portion of points of contact alongside television and radio, figuring out how to preserve the integrity of the campaign process is quite a challenge.

Fishon likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Mr.Mischief

Reputations:
    Parents' court date: X
    In-law vacation: Y

Parent changed court date to Y
    Parent demands attendance.

6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Opera works great, I still use Chrome and Firefox, but Opera with similar extensions is working nicely on NBR.

7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yup, cord cutting + going wireless phones + public library saves so much $$$$ a year.

CableTV started out so nice, long ago it was $19/month for everything, then the nickel-and-diming started, now it's insanely expensive to run the full boat.

Even Netflix + Hulu + Amazon Prime + 2-3x other useful services ends up costing too much per month.

$450/mo x 12 = $5400/yr x 10 years = $54,000 for -> nothing.

8. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Can't find a snes mini.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

9. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Tell parents 'tough s***'. You're an adult. Vacation trumps watching parents fight like spoiled toddlers.

Fishon likes this.
  10. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

Reputations:
    Amazon slow shipping on over £20 free delivery`s

I placed an order today the 11th and Amazon estimates delivery "Arriving 16 Oct - 18 Oct" all items are in stock, that`s 5 to 6 day`s

I have cancelled quite a few orders as i got sick of waiting and ordered from elsewhere where free delivery is 2-3 day`s

But Amazon can have some really good prices and a lot of the time cheaper than eBay.

If i know i am going to place a few order`s in a month, I sign up for Prime for the month and then cancel it before it takes the next payment.

So that`s my story.

Now i wait and wait and wait.

John.