NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I'd get a 1500 Dodge Diesel with the Air ride suspension. At least if I was the type of guy to upgrade every few years. If I planned on keeping it for 10-20 years then I would pick up a 2500 Dodge with the Cummins. If I had to get a gasser I would get a Chevy 5.3 liter.

2. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I forgot the Ford F-150 Ecoboost too. I usually wouldn't go for the F-word but thats a pretty nice motor and I've heard alot of good things about it.

3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the full size trucks and still interesting, however, I'm only interested in purchasing in a light weight truck. I like the Toyota Tacoma, just the newer model body styles not as much. An opinion on any of the light trucks?

4. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:

How big of a room/space and what's your spending cap?

5. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Look at the basic Frontiers. That's what my dad has. Fairly rugged trucks and really lives up to the namesake of a pickup, i.e. it's bed size is larger than a Tacoma, and fuel economy is better than the Ford fecal-boost.

(I meant that exactly as I wrote it)

6. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Chevy is releasing a diesel in the Colorado in 2016 I believe. Its not even far enough to have any good reviews yet though. Other than that you have the Colorado, Toyota, and Nissan. That 5 cylinder in the Colorado is pretty nice, but the two in my family seem to have some electrical problems(main fuse blows out, bulbs die quickly). I've always been a fan of the Tacoma but they aren't the most fuel effecient and their styling seems to be pretty mundane.

There is also the Honda Ridgeline that has ended production mid-2014. I like those alot if you're looking for a car with an open trunk.

Side not: Ford claims both more power and better MPG than any of the Frontier motor combinations. Both the 2.7L and 3.5L eco boost are higher than the Frontier.

Edit: I guess GM has put a V6 in the Colorado instead of the old I5 in the ~2007 model.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/Compact-Pickup-Trucks/

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Fishon likes this.
  7. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Not a huge truck person, but isn't the Chevy Colorado around the same size/price as the Frontier and Tacoma? Maybe we don't like Chevy around here?

Had a cold front blow in this afternoon. I wanted to be able to wash the cars tomorrow with my new supplies but I'm afraid it's going to be too cold :(

Edit: Syndrome beat me to it!

8. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Nuts to that. I wouldn't trust what Ford claims about their pickups' fuel economy. But you are right. Tacoma's are at the low end of the fuel economy spectrum when compared to other mid sized trucks.

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Great, our health care provider servers were just breached including people's social security numbers and other health information...

10. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Maybe they weren't that bad after all.

radji likes this.