NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's terrible. Is the reluctance to classify an internal one or is it more the result of pressure from family/community?

2. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not at all pressure from the families or community. What I'm referring to is a systemic institutional issue found within public and private practice as well as the greater psychiatric community. Just to be clear, I am not involved in the field myself but am close with someone who is.

3. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    No worries, I'm not going to quote you anywhere, just curious about why that would happen.

4. radji

radji Sanity = √-x

Reputations:
    The company we bought our production press from asked if we could do a demo for another of their customers. I obliged them. But during the demo, my boss was gushing how they got this machine as an investment into my job function. Meanwhile I still won't be getting a raise and they still are discussing the possibility of eliminating my job function. I seriously wanted to get up, walk out, and never return. :vbmad:

Lemme put it in simple terms for you. It was easier for me to take away my Dad's firearms than to force him to see a neurologist. I can lock up all the guns and not give him a key, although he could get his hands on one with enough determination. But I've had to accept I cannot force medicate him despite his instability. I have to think this would apply for many 'disturbed' individuals.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  5. radji

radji Sanity = √-x

Reputations:
    I got a pack of new running socks. Tried a pair today and the damn things were so scratchy they gave me blisters on both ankles only 2 miles into my run. :mad:

6. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My 2 month old Sager NP5855 has a dead pixel. I don't know how this managed to happen with the computer sitting in my computer bag underneath my desk.

7. Knight666

Knight666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What is bothering me? I ordered BGA Turdbook.

[​IMG]

8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    FFS, once again received a "burning" project at work.
    I swear, I'm gonna leave if this kind of BS continues...

9. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Greed, lust for power and control, and the obligatory war which results. The US (whatever the eff that means anymore) shot down a Syrian aircraft which was being used to attack militant rebels. Russia closes communication with US military command and declares anything flying west of the Euphrates a target. The US broadens sanctions against Russia in regard to their presence in Crimea, largely a strategic move directly focused on the Russian Navel base there.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/world/middleeast/russia-syria.html

What is it going to take for our "leaders" to stay the frig out of other peoples' back yards? Trump was supposed to keep us out of this sort of mess, IIRC. I'm disgusted with the BS lies, and what amounts to the waging of war in my name and the names of all the other US citizens who want no part of this garbage. What's really strange though and what really needs answering is how we can told both that the President and/or his people are in bed with Russia, while these same people sign off on military and economic actions hostile to their interests. How the hell does that work? Somebody is lying their a@@ off and I don't appreciate having my intelligence insulted as such, basically being told to go back to work and to let the "smart people" ̶b̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶u̶p̶ handle things.

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Bacon

Reputations:
    Did awful on my diet today... had Taco Bell for lunch, came home and had a handful of cheetos and then a whole Hershey's bar... :( I suck.