NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I wasn't there so I don't know how he behaved in full context, but it doesn't mean you can go all out hyperbolic (without consequence), as we see more and more people do in this day and age. I'm very good at asserting myself and speaking my mind but there are limits to any situation.

Edit: I once went for a late night fast food run and decided to stop at the local park to eat it before going home, and up rolls a police car behind my vehicle. He asked that I step out of the car. I was short with him conversationally, but never disrespectful. Out of nowhere he grabs my hand and I pulled it back asking him what the h e double ll is he doing and that he can't do that. He proceeds to tell me he's a brown belt in karate and it's just him and me here, and if I want to I 'go for it' I can go for it- I kid you not. I say that's okay and he handcuffs me and puts me into the back of his unit. Searches my car and finds a roach (the end of a joint for those who do not know). Makes a call and does some other things then out of nowhere he tells me there have been some rapes in the area and 'they've go to make sure'. Unhandcuffs me and sends me on my way without any violation. Not sure what the point is about this little tale but I love telling it. :wacko:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  2. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    "Victim blaming"? Really? :confused: Remarkable that we have to invent new terms to legitimize the current trend in nonsense. Regardless, the concept would apply for example, to a woman who was raped and then criticized for the way she dressed. Here, it was the actions of the passenger which led to a predictably negative outcome. That's pretty obvious. In fact, it may be arguable that the only one guilty of a crime would be the passenger depending upon the civil authority of the Chicago Dept. of Aviation. Even if we agree that United failed to provide adequate service and respect toward one of its paying customers, such a failure in no way caused the scuffle which ensued. I'm sure we'll discover soon enough whether or not CDA violated protocol (we likely won't if they didn't :vbwink:). In the meantime, you'll have to forgive me if I don't have any sympathy for Dao because I'm confident that even my children would have made a more mature decision.

Jarhead and killkenny1 like this.
  3. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sure! In fact, if you want to go ahead and get your a@@ shot by refusing to comply during a felony stop, I can all but guarantee you the media and sjw's will sing praises of martyrdom and demand someone's head roll for doing their job. :vbthumbsup:

Jarhead likes this.
  4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Hate working on weekends, even from home!

5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Come as a doctor. Leave as a patient.

United Airlines: Serving Chinese takeout.

Too soon? :D

radji, HTWingNut, hmscott and 2 others like this.
  6. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Nice new slogan for United :D.

Papusan and hmscott like this.
  7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    United-Customer-Service.png
    No sooner than #NewUnitedAirlinesMottos ...
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/NewUnitedAirlinesMottos

https://twitter.com/datbryannadoe/status/852333776487297025
    Doc bryann @ datbryannadoe
    "In-Flight Meal options now include Chinese Takeout" # NewUnitedAirlinesMottos "

‘Board as a doctor, leave as a patient’: Internet crushes airline with #NewUnitedAirlinesMottos
    http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/boa...crushes-airline-with-newunitedairlinesmottos/

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    radji, Papusan and killkenny1 like this.
  8. killkenny1

Reputations:
  9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    These memes and jokes are actually funny.

radji and hmscott like this.
  10. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Especially while knowing Dr Dao is gonna get recompense from United Airlines in large amounts.

And, for the rest of us, the Airline industry is going to have to inform passengers that they have the right to stay on board after boarding if they choose to - and the overbooking incentives will be raised to match the inconvenience volunteers make to give up their itineraries.

Maybe the FAA will step in and implement (force, beat into submission) the Airlines into better controls over overbooking, and stop inconveniencing passengers.