NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Rhodan

Rhodan NBR Expert of Nothing

Reputations:
    At least you have options... Try dealing with a government insurer, rates are brutal.

2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Fair enough.

3. Aeny

Aeny Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I feel your pain. The offer they made me was more than I paid for the car so I told them to shove it. I can total it yearly and it would be cheaper to keep buying second hand ones. (excluding damage I might cause to others) But say it gets stolen, what would I get out of it? Probably a keychain and a thankyou letter for trying to claim insurance on an old car and expecting something in return.

~Aeny

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I only work on the commercial side and only in California, but the rates have recently risen dramatically here. As the cost of medical services goes up, so do the rates for auto insurance. As a broker, I'm not beholden to one carrier and I have all the markets- Liberty, Geico, Mercury, etc. But I don't think brokers are available to you, so shop diligently.

There is replacement cost vs.actual cash value to choose from. You only get 'the keychain' if you choose ACV (depreciated value, deductible, and co-insurance 80/20). Replacement cost gets you just that, however, it's not where the smart money goes as it's expensive. Comprehensive insurance is never a good value if you have an older vehicle. Just stick with liability coverage and don't go with just the minimum limits- medical costs are expensive in the even you injure someone.

5. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    I've never used them before, though it seems brokers could be an option for me: http://www.scinsbrokers.com/

Thanks for reminding me about that. Still looking around, but I guess I can give them a shot too.

6. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Looks like they only have Hartford, Liberty Mutual and Progressive for personal auto. Allstate is good here in Cali for a driving record that has a point on it. Eliminate the companies that specialize in DUI type records and perfect ones.

7. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

>"Heavy" snow
    >South Carolina
    >Quality of SC drivers

Oh no.....

HTWingNut likes this.
  8. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Yuck. It's just too damn cold here right now. The 18 inches of snow we got melted over Christmas now it's just damn cold (0F)

Now I get to watch my Detroit Lions get shellacked by the Seattle Seahawks... :(

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Let the Lions lose of their own accord. Two huge plays resulted in huge Lions setbacks. One was a facemask by Seattle player in end zone that was blatant as hell and never called, and resulted in a Seattle touchdoen. The other was a no call on pass interference that should have clearly been against Seattle. Ref says it was not a catchable ball. Well DUH! It would have been catchable if he wasn't slowed down significantly by the defensive end. NFL is horrible, a multi billion dollar league that can't hire full time referees. Just some high school part timers to call the games. WTF NFL?

10. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    I spent the day with my dear, 85 year old grandma as she dry heaved and doubled over in pain. Having to almost carry her between her bed and the bathroom. Now I'm freaked out she won't last the weekend. I think I will cry and do some more shots. :tears: