NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Wait, do ranking even matter?
    I thought it was just some made up BS to make those "elite" universities feel even more up their asses.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  2. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I love the taste of spicy food and I have a high tolerance for heat, but I just don't think I can eat it anymore. Without fail, the morning after I eat something especially hot I'll have terrible stomach pain and cramping (like I have now). It's just not worth it [​IMG]

3. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Same thing here. I won't be going from South to North, more like San Diego to Los Angeles (or so I hope). That will put enough distance between me and the rest of the looney toons to where I can actually focus on my studies. :vbrolleyes:

I too am going thru a 2 year school and then matriculating to a 4 year university. All the prep work and general education will be done and I can then focus on the coursework for my discipline. And usually the University you get your undergraduate degree from usually won't be the one you do your post-grad work at...so says my physics professor.
    Bah! Man up! Drink a few bloody Marys, wait an hour, then you can continue eating insanity peppers with no consequence. Tell the Spirit Coyote I said hi. :hi:

Jarhead and hmscott like this.
  4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
  5. tgipier

tgipier Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What are you actually interested in? Astrophysics is really competitive due to a lack of positions. I dont want to scare you buddy but job placements for PhD is pretty bad from what I heard.

hmscott likes this.
  6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Have an old laptop that I was setting up to use as a general use web browsing and basic application machine in our den. I had an image of a clean install, that went fine. Then I go to do Windows updates, and it found like 120 or so updates. OK, fine, took well over an hour to download and install. On reboot it says "We couldn't complete the update, undoing changes" and sits there spinning for another hour and a half and removes ALL the updates instead of just the problem ones. Seriously? That's three hours so far just to get this damn thing updated, and now I have to babysit the dang thing through all the updates.

Jarhead likes this.
  7. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    ^^^At least your machine will make progress. My outgoing Alienware will no longer run Windows update. It just hangs. And the BSODs are becoming too numerous to ignore. And it has a tendency to overheat at random.
    Hoping a fresh install and repaste will put it in selling condition.

8. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The same thing happened with my mother's laptop. I eventually got tired of spending all that time installing Windows updates, so I just installed Windows 10.

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I finally got through it. Just installed 15-20 updates at a time instead of whole 120+ updates, and everything installed fine that way. Just doing an updated system image so next time hopefully not nearly as many updates, if I ever have to reimage again (I hope not).

10. Thierry19

Thierry19 Coffee enthusiast

Reputations:
    My watch stopped working this weekend while I was on a trip. I have no idea where to buy good watches in Prague now.