NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    "Survey says . . ."

2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Lol, one mod creates a thread in question then goes missing. The other mod comes out of hiding and closes the thread.
    GG!

radji and hmscott like this.
  3. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    I'll PM you.

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    ^^^ Thank you for reaching out, I'm very appreciative. At the end of the day and as I've said before, I'm only a guest here and will not forget that position. Having no idea what goes on the management/admin side of this forum, my perspective is only that, a limited perspective. However, it appears at least on the surface a black and white decision was made, ' no politics = no politics and that's it , end of story', or someone did complain to management whereby the lowest common denominator method was used; equally disappointing. It has been uber smooth for a year in the basement section called Off Topic where no one goes unless looking for this sort of thing. Has management even read any of the posts within, or notice who started the thread in the first place- reading the rules in the first post? Speaking for myself, I let issues hang all the time- never feeling a need to get the last word in, retort, or prove anything. Jarhead was just giving praise about how civil the thread is. No one is being offending unless they are looking to be. Either use it, read it, or leave it alone.

You took something away from the regular posters. Times are tough and there's not a lot to draw us regulars here and the Current thread gave us a venue to discuss serious matters. You must recall the time you came in here asking a question about electrical current and you got the answer in five minutes. In my mind that is what the Off Topic thread is all about- having visitors both new and repeat come in and get good help from the regulars and mods when needed. And when the regulars do not have reason or interest to hang around and do not answer these questions when they do come in, then the value of the site is lost. Jarhead goes to great lengths to help new computer purchasers, amazing, and I just had to add that.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    ---

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  6. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
    My impression on these sorts of issues is that the regular posters are fine, the people not participating are the ones who complain. They don't want certain things to be expressed. They don't want debate, they want silence. This trend, not limited to forums, is quite disturbing, and IRL bullying tactics using social media are often used.
    Given the anti-liberal bias in the thread, I'm surprised the thread remained open as long as it did.

ajkula66 and Gabrielgvs like this.
  7. Gabrielgvs

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, a sound business plan typically includes the sort of active neutrality which responds to "offense". To your greater point, it should be of note whom they are who are always doing the itching and crying. #inconvenienttruth #suppress

8. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
    Does it? If we look at mainstream media, there is a pretty sharp demarcation on which channel/magazine panders to which side. I assume this is to eke out the maximal revenue possible out of their customers.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  9. Gabrielgvs

Reputations:
    Apples and oranges because it's a lot different when opinion IS the product.

10. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Grades are in...2 A's and a B...:vbmad: damn

I now understand why @Nick returned his Surface Pro 4. Damn display driver is full of bugs and holes. Windows 10 isn't sooo bad. The device is more than usable. The display driver just has the tendency to freeze and crash the system when it's running, when it goes to sleep or hibernate (or vice-versa)...or any other time in general.

Overall, it's still a great system for me...even though I've had to do a clean install already.
    I take it the cleaning lady stopped complaining and got to work?