NEW "What is bothering you right now?" Thread. Bonus: Now with 20% more bother!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2.0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Yup pretty much this. What's funny is when I wore alot of metal/rock shirts (Pantera, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Marilyn Manson, Pink Floyd, Fear Factory, Overkill) and people didn't think Asian people listen to metal. Well I showed them lol.

ajkula66 and Fishon like this.
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    You also showed them by properly driving a car :D.

Again, I don't see anything wrong with those t-shirts. And Scarface is a nice movie.

ajkula66 likes this.
  3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    And I'm often given a fork at an Asian restaurant- not knowing I can easily pick up a single grain of rice with chopsticks. Thai restaurant asks how hot 1-10, and when I say 10 and I want it pet pet (which is the word spicy in Thai) you should see the looks it get. And no, I don't want the breaded fried chicken, slathered in a corn starched orange glaze with fried rice instead of steamed. lol

[​IMG]

radji, Tsunade_Hime and ajkula66 like this.
  4. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:
    ^^^^^^

That's a fabulous T-shirt, and the reason I liked your post. Will have to get some for the kids, as well as for myself.

One Christmas gift off the list...

Fishon likes this.
  5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

ajkula66 likes this.
  6. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    IMO, those are two of the most misunderstood concepts you'll find. Everyone ought to know something about protecting themselves and their private property. As for the other, my experience is that it often does more harm than good in the hands of the ignorant.

7. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:
    Indeed they are.

Amen.

Well, it's kinda difficult to scope the concept and origin of the beliefs that had originally shaped this country without knowing something about the Bible and what's in it...one way or another...

8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Not my kind of t-shirt (kinda stupid), but again, I have no trouble someone wearing it. Just like there are a lot of stupid (in my opinion) things in fashion, but in no way I think they should be banned. However some stupid clothing wearers should be shot on sight.

Wait, there are no Religion classes in school in the US? Interesting...
    We had Religion in my school from first grade. It sucked so much. As soon as we were able to change it to Philosophy (fifth grade), we did :D. I don't think anyone remained in that class :D.

9. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Too bad most people who would wear a shirt like that probably know jack about the Bible. Or at least use it solely as a source of talking points. Actually reading it and understanding it is something a lot of people are not up to the task of.

Of course, given the climate of the U.S. right now, American schoolchildren might benefit from learning about what's in the Qur'an as well (and what isn't).

Fishon likes this.
  10. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's true, maybe no more so than in terms of the philosophical and political science spheres. I really think the problems and confusion occurs when people are taught without a proper foundation. It's easy to mislead with convenient arguments based on faulty presuppositions, theological and philosophical. I'm amazed at what people make that thing (Bible) say because they were taught under the umbrella of a particular set of hermeneutics.

ajkula66 and Fishon like this.