NEW UPGRADE with GTX 1070 for old Clevo/Alienware/MSI

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by woodzstack, Nov 1, 2017.

1. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    So the EURO 1070 is now down to 90W in the AW17 as an example, the vbios seems to prefer working like this, and the scores on the latest Firestrike gave almost 15,500 for the Graphics. It's faster then a 1060 by far, but maybe 5-10% less performing then a full desktop 1070.

here : https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12487762

For the reduce pricing and considerably less heat generated now, it should not only prove to be a better upgrade but also last longer because of the reduced heat off put as well. This is putting it close to 970M range of heat, meaning even a double heatsink could probably work (but I would recommend triple pipe still, as I always do)

The card MIGHT still draw more then 90W though, but it's been flashed and tested to run 90W essentially.

This should help people who only have 180W PSU's still be able to run the latest badass' GPU in thier older AW systems or older Clevo systems, like P150EM or P170 etc..

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. RMSMajestic

RMSMajestic Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi,

Just wondering, do you have a vBIOS for Quadro P5000m? I'm looking for version before 86.04.3A.00.00

3. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    Do you mind me asking why you wish the previous vbios ?
    We can probably have it, but I would have to check of course.
    I personally do not sell many of these cards, because they're the workstation cards and most my customers go straight to the gaming cards and laptops, of course.

4. RMSMajestic

RMSMajestic Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi,
    Yes I once had a Quadro P5000m vBIOS version 86.04.17.00.00, which runs happily on my Dell M6700. I returned it because it was an ES card, without backing up the vBIOS, it turned out that I have made a HUGE mistake as that card is so far the ONLY pascal card that runs on Dell M6700. *facepalm* I've found another vBIOS 86.04.3A.00.00, without any luck

I have wasted another ~$1000 ish on engineering sample cards without success :/

So yeah, if you could please help me with that, it'd be great!.

Personally I have no use for the quadro cards. I'd prefer the GTX cards, however due to the physical limitations on M6700 (heatsink) quadro pascals and Asrock Deskmini GTX1060 are the only possibilities theoretically. And the later are nowhere to be found.

Also, if you have early version of vBIOS for GTX 1060/GTX 1070/GTX 1080, please send those to me if possible.