New toy!!

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by mattpayne, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkteun

tkteun Newbie

Reputations:
    I just took my P2 with me as a primary phone for a week, some points:

- Although my battery is quite alright (48hrs standby on a 30 minutes sync schedule) my backup batterypack is dead. After pulling my battery if I'm lucky it will hold settings for about 10 seconds or it's back to full reset into 1-1-2006.

- Activesync and the gmail exchange server (m.google.com) have never worked better, now even with email!

- I installed Opera mini (m.opera.com), have yet to try ucWeb and uzard web. But you definitely need a proxied browser! There's just not enough bandwidth and processing power to view even the mobile sites.

- I don't know why it has to switch on all the time! I think it's a WinMo fail that just doesn't allow activesync to do it's thing WITHOUT switching on the backlight. I've got it on a tight 1min. timeout and immediate locking with a passcode to prevent calling people and making random calendar events in my pocket but I still need a good locker.

- I installed Wisbar Advanced, with mixed feelings, but it's alright. It makes a nice start-menu, with submenus. It turns the top row of pixels into a 1px battery bar. And most importantly, it shows the open tasks as icons in the start bar so you don't have to go to settings->memory->running tasks.

Now I still want the HTC dialer with the T9 contact search function directly in the dialer. In the mean time: Make backups!!!

PS. I did some video benchmarking, the results were pretty nice: http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=51558&p=867246#p867246

2. harveya

harveya Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just got one of the ex British Gas ones off ebay. Came partly crippled, Bluetooth was disabled and couldn't be enabled but got the defaullt image off the Toughbook Wiki and it's now working fine - I needed it to support my Vehicle Kit which is bluetooth and built into my stereo.

Got this to replace my Sonim XP3 which has developed the crackling problem on transmit and receive. Hopefully this one will last a bit longer plus it's nice to have Windows Mobile again as the Sonim user interface is just rubbish.

So now my tally of Toughbooks is increased by 1 - now got a CF-28 MK3, a CF-07, a CF-51 and now the CF-P2. Need to stop buying now, running out of space.

Tkteun.

For the locker, just set the resume so that it doesn't resume on any of the options. It will only switch on with the power button then - I did spend time looking for a "lock" function like in WM5 and later but it doesn't have that.

Cheers
    Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.